When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aging An Mbw Srsd

kingkitesurf

Today I will pick up my MBW SRSD. Some mods I would like to do.... And yes I would love to try to it myself... Is:

- Aging markers/dial/bezel

- Adjusting CG's

Now I have looked over the forum...I only find generic terms and shots of results... nobody really explaines how it is done.... I would not want to mess up my new MBW... But I think it would be a super feeling to do it myself.... Let's say it creates a bond with the watch... call me crazy. So please help...

- How do I get the bezel insert out

- What detergent solution do you use to age the bezel insert... Or will sandpaper 1000 help to get the shine of

- I found a lot of info on how to take apart the watch... so thats perfect :thumbsupsmileyanim:

- How do I age the markers and hands (old lume) that they get this grindy structure.... like Palpatine's. Or is this Palpatine secret...

Do you also have to age the dial itself or does it stay intact to get a genuine look.

Sorry for the load of questions...

Hi KingKite. Did you read this one? I linked there every possible thread I was able to find about the dial & bezel aging process. Look at the end of the article (lots of information by Palpatine):

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=927

Hi KingKite. Did you read this one? I linked there every possible thread I was able to find about the dial & bezel aging process. Look at the end of the article (lots of information by Palpatine):

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=927

Yep,

Knew that one... read it already plus the links in it. That is what I mean with no real instructions and tips. Mostly they are the results... Hope to get some step by step instructions

Just for grins, and to see if I can still do the bezel aging correctly, I thought I would give this a try for old time's sake. I spent a few minutes digging through my parts bin, and sure enough, I had an old MBW insert just sitting around collecting dust. Perfect for the experiment.

Mix up a quick batch of solution... And a few minutes later, I had this...

98178-26849.jpg

98178-26850.jpg

:lol: