When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

can someone show me how to tell the best Eddie Lee 1950 case from others?

wan

I am trying to buy the best rep pam127 case set you can buy. I understand that its an Eddie Lee 127 case. I know that you want the case where the movement and dial would be removed through the top of the watch, "through the top crystal side" Can someone show me in pics how you can tell if you have one of these cases? "I know that there is an arrow or triangle somewhere but i do not know where to look?" I always thought all you would need is a 117/1950 case set to have the best but i guess that has now changed? From what i understand, "the rep makers are now putting the 117/1950 casebacks on case sets where you must remove everything through the caseback" I am not sure why that is so wrong but hopefully someone out there can explain why and what makes Eddie Lee's pam127 case the best? Thank you for any help. Cheers, Wan

• 3 weeks later...

I think your best 127 would be a DSN. I had a 127 that I sold and the guy I sold it to went on another board and told everyone it was an EL, I didn't get it from Eddie but who is to say that it was not form the same factory they all seem to be 0117's as far as I know many of Eddie's did not have the correct movement anyway and if you want to change the movement via the front then that would be a nasty job

Seriously I think if you want a 127 a nice Davidsen is the way to go,

Just my 2 cents

ST4

I have an Fiddy ( look for my pictures from my post "EDDIE LEE fiddy" not so long ago ! ) where the movement is coming out from the crystal side and I bought it from Silix a year ago!

Then I bought a separate dial/hands from Puretime that was superlumed with superlumemix from Flav that he says it is even brighter than the genuine but the same white as the genuine!

And it has the saffire crystal that does NOT have the wrong AR coating ( not at all blue ! ) as the crystal from DSN has!

You can see that it IS a EL case by looking for the BIG movement holder screws, they have a bigger head than the backloaded fiddy case!, check on pictures from a genuine one!

AND the caseback is also different. I have a couple of 0117/1950 casebacks BUT they do NOT fit on the EL case!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps