When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any problems with uk customs recently

jman16

Hi all

Just about to order my first watch from China from a forum dealer.I just want to know if any one has had any problems with uk customs recently?.My dealer said he will re-send.What is the worst that can happen?I am just a bit nervous.

Thanks

jman16

Don't worry about UK customs - no problems at all (I've brought over 30 watches into the country over the last 12 months without a single issue).

It's advisable not to order more than two at a time, though - more than that could get your parcel noticed.

Categorically - EMS from China with less than 2KG of watches (appropriately declared and no amateurish concealment involved) will in virtually all circumstances sail through without a hitch.

Thank you for all the reassurance

regards

jman16

Categorically - EMS from China with less than 2KG of watches (appropriately declared and no amateurish concealment involved) will in virtually all circumstances sail through without a hitch.

Err.. not so sure about this. Just ordered and received an Alpha GMT into the UK from Alpha - Hong Kong.

I am absolutely sure of this

(I cant begin to add up how many Ive shipped in 20, 30, 40 thousand...N E V E R had a problem)

But youre comparing apples to oranges

You imported a bona fide item which was as it seems rightly declared at

(I cant begin to add up how many Ive shipped in 20, 30, 40 thousand...N E V E R had a problem)

wow

p.s never had a problem with the 3 watches I've had shipped into UK from China. But I think the above quote sums up pretty much what the customs check is like on these items in the UK :)

Edited by numptyj