When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 - chrono won't stop! Please help newbie.

naik

Hey guys,

I just bought a used Tag Link Chrono with an A7750 movement and received it today. The chrono started fine, but now it won't stop!

I've tried to take a video so you guys can help me out. I'm a complete newb at this by the way so any help would be appreciated, please!

I read somewhere that someone had success by pressing the reset button, which then somehow enabled them to press the stop button again successfully. However, I've also read that it's a big no no to press the reset button when the chronograph is running.

What do I do??

Video of problem:

http://www.vimeo.com/4178695

I was going to say press harder, until I saw the caseback off. If you're really pressing that thing till it seems like it won't give anymore (they take some force) then it's probably in need of a repair :(

Yea, I had to press quite hard to get it started initially. Now I can hear it click when I press in but nothing happens and the force required for the click is much less.

Yea, I had to press quite hard to get it started initially. Now I can hear it click when I press in but nothing happens and the force required for the click is much less.

Well, I couldn't resist it anymore and pressed the reset button. After pressing it, nothing happened, but then I tried the start/stop button again and luckily it engaged. All good now.

So...I guess I'm not going to use the chronograph anymore!

I have a few problems with my 7750, the chrono has reset to 1s (my fault for resetting between 10 & 2), I want to get it serviced, fix the chrono and replace a missing spring that I lost after I opened up the watch.

How much should this cost realisticly?? Because the price I'm quoted is quite steep.

I have a few problems with my 7750, the chrono has reset to 1s (my fault for resetting between 10 & 2), I want to get it serviced, fix the chrono and replace a missing spring that I lost after I opened up the watch.

How much should this cost realisticly?? Because the price I'm quoted is quite steep.

Full servicing should cost USD $200 or so depending on who's doing it...plus parts. If you have to get some gen ETA parts, it might add on another $20-50.

Hmm, yea it is a shame. I don't know if it's worth repairing.

We'll see how it goes. Thanks guys.

Another option is to buy another movement for around $135 CDN (I don't know other prices...this is what I can get them for), and swap it in. Any watchmaker can do a straight movement swap. The issue is, that the A7750s traditionally come dry and dirty in the reps...and I don't know if this is also the case for one "brand new" imported to North America as well (but would think it would be a safe assumption). A swap would cost $100 so unless you do it yourself...it might not be all that worthwhile.

Most people don't use their chronos. I do though.