When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Time to buy my first DSN PAM! YAY!

PaulVanDyk

So, after talking about getting a Pam and selling off my entire rep collection just to scrape enough money for one of the DSN's pieces im finally at the point of actually making a choice....and pulling

the trigger - YAY!!!!

For my first PAM i am somewhat in between the 111h, 112, 177h. The first two being $430 the later costing $460.....(holy f@@k i thought...almost at the "cut out" price)

I e-mailed the man with all my concerns and sure enough got a reply within 8 hrs. He also sent me pics of the aforementioned versions he has in stock (or w/e)

So, can someone help the "Pananoob" to decide which one is OVERALL a more accurate one..and what mods would have to be performed afterward...

The "Search" button have been used extensively throughout my research, just want some of you "PROS" to give me your .02

Also any other suggestions would more then welcome.

THANKS

PS still waiting on the "head on" shot of the 177H...hopefully tomorrow he'll e-mail it.

dsc8611.jpg

dsc81972.jpg

dsc7469.jpg

Congrats. I am a DSN fan. I have had some problems and think it is best that you get pictures before he sends the watch. This may delay your new purchase but will save you a headache.

My favorite is his 002. Personally prefer the closed case back to avoid the movement flaws.

His 01D is also really good if you like white faced PAMs, but his lume dots are perfect on this one.

His line of PVD Pams is among the best. Count the 004, and 009 as great watches out of the box.

His 112 is a stunner. I owned one of his 111. The dial is indeed very gen like, but the cut outs are not on par with other reps. The 112 is definitely the better dial.

so 005 is a no go? damn....i kind of like that "arrow" logo

does 177 use the same dial as the 111?

my problem with PVD is that i read it gets scratched to hell when wearing with a suit

45mm Radiomirs are just a bit too big (i can barely pull off the 44mm ones)

DAMN...just saw some pics/ reviews of the 005....i think me likes it + its the closed caseback (what i originally wanted).....F@@k!!! Why is it so hard to decide!!?!?!?!?!??

so 005 is a no go? damn....i kind of like that "arrow" logo

does 177 use the same dial as the 111?

my problem with PVD is that i read it gets scratched to hell when wearing with a suit

45mm Radiomirs are just a bit too big (i can barely pull off the 44mm ones)

im leaning more and more towards 005

hopefully he'll e-mail me the pix of his "new version" soon

the reason i like 005 is because both 001 and 002 have yellow-ish lume (in day light) which is not something im looking for.

i need white lume

Ha...looks like you've already decided.

I think the 005 is a great choice. :D

BTW: if any of you want to get rid of your modded DSN/VAG/Zig PAM 005, 111h, or 177h - NOW IS THE TIME TO LET ME KNOW.

I know some of you have like 50 PAMs in your collections so you won't possibly miss just 1 piece.

just throwing it out there while PP transfers money to my bank account....

Ha...looks like you've already decided.

I think the 005 is a great choice. :D

actually im still somewhat undecided...awaiting pictures of 005 with "new dial" from DSN.....but i also very much like Ti as watch material so i might end up with the 177h.....

i did eliminate 112 though because it's just too base of a PAM for me right now....maybe next one

NICE!

hmmmm...kind of looks like the logo is a bit on a thick side compared to gen....or is it just the pic?

pam195gen.jpg

SH@t man the logo is also too close to "panerai"

Guessing 005 is out too....

thanks for posting a pic - VERY HELPFUL!

well, its between 111H and 177H then.....Ti or Not Ti.....

CAN SOMEONE POST A "head on" PIC OF THEIR DSN 177H? PLEASE?

NICE!

hmmmm...kind of looks like the logo is a bit on a thick side compared to gen....or is it just the pic?

SH@t man the logo is also too close to "panerai"

Guessing 005 is out too....

thanks for posting a pic - VERY HELPFUL!

well, its between 111H and 177H then.....Ti or Not Ti.....

CAN SOMEONE POST A "head on" PIC OF THEIR DSN 177H? PLEASE?

There's going to be flaws in all rep dials....the closest would be getting a LittleHero dial....which I believe will run you about $200 without backplate. ;)

Here was my DSN 111H purchased back in Aug 2008..this is the best head on shot I could find of it. Don't mind the bracelet....I was just seeing how it looked on a full brushed bracelet. The major flaws in DSN sandwich dials were the shape of the 6 and placement/size/font of the "L Swiss Made L"

IMG_2369.jpg

Edited by oncyte

There's going to be flaws in all rep dials....the closest would be getting a LittleHero dial....which I believe will run you about $200 without backplate. ;)

i know i know....but for my first PAM im trying to get the one with least possible flaws which would bug the [censored] out of me....that's why im not even considering the ones with dates/cyclops etc.....

strangely enough in DSN's photobucket, the logo looks a LOT thinner....

did you get the "newest dial" version?

111H: Damn, (regarding the 6) i was hoping it was just the angle of the shot... but i did notice it was slightly off....has to have a "bigger curve"

Also, i dont mind the wrong font/ it being too white...im more about the position of the whole "L S M L" in relation to the 6...cause in regular reps they are almost ON the damn number...

do you know if he uses the same dial (from 111h) in the 177h?

Your input is MOST APPRECIATED!!!!and i am not trying to be a [censored] while criticizing your watches ;)

i know i know....but for my first PAM im trying to get the one with least possible flaws which would bug the [censored] out of me....that's why im not even considering the ones with dates/cyclops etc.....

strangely enough in DSN's photobucket, the logo looks a LOT thinner....

did you get the "newest dial" version?

111H: Damn, (regarding the 6) i was hoping it was just the angle of the shot... but i did notice it was slightly off....has to have a "bigger curve"

do you know if he uses the same dial (from 111h) in the 177h?

Your input is MOSTLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Yes...he would use the same dial as in the 177h. I know he's coming out with a new dial that looks better...the "6' looks plumper too. I asked him a month ago when i was buying the 195 but he said they're not ready yet. See if you can get it with this dial he's been working on... but tell him to give you the old style crowns...this one looks like crap!! :p

edit: Just noticed...the placement and size of "Luminor Marina" and "Panerai" look off. I think this pic was a work in progress. However...the numerals and placement and size of L Swiss made L look better.

DSCF1860.jpg

Edited by oncyte

Yes...he would use the same dial as in the 177h. I know he's coming out with a new dial that looks waaaay better...the "6' looks plumper too. I asked him a month ago when i was buying the 195 but he said they're not ready yet. See if you can get it with this dial he's been working on... but tell him to give you the old style crowns...this one looks like crap!! :p

DAMN!!!! Now thats what im talking about!!!! the 6 is WAY better and the position/ font of "L L" is improved....me likes this one (- Crown)

i think the placement looks off because the watch is slightly tilted...MAYBE?!??.....well, at least i have a pic of the dial i want now.....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

SO, now the last thing ....LOL.....TI or not TI

DAMN!!!! Now thats what im talking about!!!! the 6 is WAY better and the position/ font of "L L" is improved....me likes this one (- Crown)

Ha...before you get excited......read my edit up above. :p

Oops...looks like you did...I doubt it's the angle. It looks waay too compressed to me. Maybe he's completed the dial now though...let us know how it all goes! :D

Edited by oncyte

Ha...before you get excited......read my edit up above. :p

yeah...i read it...hopefully its either the "work in progress" or the watch is tilted

COME ON GUYS....OPINIONS ON TITANIUM 177H or SS 111H?

Now the reason im thinking Ti is because i won't have to clean off my finger prints off it as often???

do you constantly wipe down you Polished SS?

IMO....If it were my first PAM I'd go with the 111h....more versatile....I myself tried Ti with a suit and I don't think it goes well together...where the 111 can go both formal and casual. ;) my 2 cents.

that was kind of my thought too...it'll be my only watch for a WHILE so i'll have to wear it with both suits and casual....

my only porblem is ...doesn't it always look dirty because of polished SS?

that was kind of my thought too...it'll be my only watch for a WHILE so i'll have to wear it with both suits and casual....

my only porblem is ...doesn't it always look dirty because of polished SS?

Nope...unless you always have sticky fingers and keep touching it. lol

You'll probably be staring at it most of the time...and i bet if there's even a speck of dust you'll be wiping it clean each time. :p

IMO...get the 111h and a capecod cloth (polishes and gets rid of swirls).

Nope...unless you always have sticky fingers and keep touching it. lol

You'll probably be staring at it most of the time...and i bet if there's even a speck of dust you'll be wiping it clean each time. :p

IMO...get the 111h and a capecod cloth (polishes and gets rid of swirls).

OK! SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN! Time to e-mail DSN!

THANK YOU SO MUCH. MADE MY CHOICE A LOT EASIER!

well, so much for the hope of "new style" dial...damn

in fact he didn't even asnwer any of my questions like how do i pay you, or whens the new dial coming out etc etc....

basically just resent me the pics +a couple more....and told me "to inspect these see if im OK"

MAN this is not going to be easy :g:

F@@K....