When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DW 6263

gplracer

6263.jpg

My new A7750 powered (rotor removed and low profile case back) DW 6263

I started another thread because this one is different. Besides can we really have too many 6263 threads? Well maybe .....

I am happy with what I have but I do have some observations and some questions.

Observations -

1. Winding is not real smooth. I will have to have the auto winding mechanism removed. I heard from people here on the forum that it will help.

2. Compared to a sub the watch is tiny!

3. I am pretty pleased with the "O" in "Rolex" I know some are more round in shape.

4. Some of the markers could be aligned better.

5. The watch is not real clean on the hands. I guess a watchmaker could fix this.

6. Main second hand could be better aligned at the top.

7. Bezel is not real tight. dieselpower suggested that the crystal is too thin. I could get a gen. Is there an after market crystal that is just as good?

8. The band is not real good. Would a folded link 7835 weigh more?

Questions

1. I am told that a good cleaning would help. The prices I have been quoted are $195 and $150 plus any needed parts. Does this sound right and do you think it is needed? If you can suggest someone that has a good track record please pm me.

2. The pushers screw in tightly. I know this is an issue on some. They will not push in when screwed in tightly. Is this how they are supposed to work?

Any other suggestions or comments are welcome whether they be positive or not. Thanks!

My new A7750 powered (rotor removed and low profile case back) DW 6263

What I can see looks pretty good, but the same picture at 1024 pixel width would be much more useful.

1. Winding is not real smooth. I will have to have the auto winding mechanism removed. I heard from people here on the forum that it will help.

5. The watch is not real clean on the hands. I guess a watchmaker could fix this.

6. Main second hand could be better aligned at the top.

7. Bezel is not real tight. dieselpower suggested that the crystal is too thin. I could get a gen. Is there an after market crystal that is just as good?

8. The band is not real good. Would a folded link 7835 weigh more?

Contact Ziggyzumba for an overhaul. He can correct the hand positions & fit a gen T21 crystal. As mentioned previously, if the bezel is still loose with the gen crystal, you will need to replace the bezel. A folded link 7835 weighs less (as will your wallet after you buy 1 @ $250-$800), but will make the watch look alot better. I would also consider replacing the aftermarket 'Triplock' crown with a gen crown & tube (around $100+ for the pair on ebay).

1. I am told that a good cleaning would help. The prices I have been quoted are $195 and $150 plus any needed parts. Does this sound right and do you think it is needed? If you can suggest someone that has a good track record please pm me.

Those prices sound rather low for a V72 (very complicated movement), which can take a number of hours to overhaul. Again, try Ziggyzumba.

2. The pushers screw in tightly. I know this is an issue on some. They will not push in when screwed in tightly. Is this how they are supposed to work?

The screw function locks the pusher so it cannot be used. Unscrew to press the pusher, screw back down (snug, not tight) when not in use.

One thing to add. I can see why you find the watch small compared to a sub but be assured that the gen piece is exactly like this, small and comparatively light. The bracelet has less metal on it for a start. Its smallness is one of the reasons why some people like it so much (me for one) it is probably the most compact 'sports' chrono that there is. It is fully understandable that if you are not familiar with the gen that this might come as a bit of a shock but try and find a gen dealer of used pieces and handle the real thing. I think you would be surprised they really are quite flimsy compared to modern chunky monstrosities :D