When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Quest for the Perfect Concord C1

mobile11

Hi everyone.. want to share my quest for the perfect concord C1.

concordc1watchchronogra.jpg

So I go to one of the trusted dealers sites here.. order the watch. watch shows up.. however I notice that the second dial at 9 o'clock is just not quite centered. Also a number of screws were lose and somehow the automatic winding did not work properly... my guess is a lose screw for the winding weight.. but anyway it was a no go anyway because of the second dial. So the dealer told me to send it back to him. I sent it back telling him that I'd pay extra if he can get me one that has a centered second dial. He then replied to me saying that he got the watch back and he can see nothing wrong with it and that he can not satisfy my request for perfection. So I got a refund after deducting paypal fees and freight fees the dealer apparently incured. Fine with me but still was a bit surprised with that answer. Here is what the watch I got looked like. This is actually the picture of the dealer's website... in reality if you'd move the minute hands the space difference at the top compared to the bottom (second dial) is even more obvious. But even with the minute hand covering part its still observable (it was my mistake not noticing it when ordering the watch). Anyway here is the pic of what the watch looks like...

ss3o.jpg

So I am not quite sure if my expectations are too high when expecting a centered second dial at 9 o'clock or not. Anyway I decided not to settle with non centered dials.

So I kept looking at other dealer sites and I noticed that the pictures they show of their concord C1 models, at least half of them don't have centered second dials - it's unreal. We're talking $400/$500 reps here. So it truly seems to be a problem with that particular watch.

So I wrote to a dealer and asked to get a photo of the actual watch he would be shipping to me. I got the picture and while the second dial is more centered then others it still observable that the dial is still not centered - and basically giving it away that it is a fake. (the rest of the watch is a part by part clone of the original). So I declined.. and kept looking

After more research I have found one dealer who had photos of the Concord C1 (gold and silver) where both had perfectly centered dials. So emailed and requested one of each with perfectly centered dials in fact I requested the watches they took the pictures off or that had equally centered dials. To help explain what I meant I even sent them this visual here...

concord.jpg

I ordered both the gold dial and silver dial version, and I was repeatedly promised and assured to get 2 watches with centered dials. The watches have just arrived in LA.. and should be here in 2 days... I'll let you know how this story ends...

If I am successful in getting centered second dial version units, I'll let you know what dealer it was that finally was willing to accomodate my apparently unusually high request for perfection...

Oh why do I like this watch... well looks obviously, but also the part by part clone of the original is nice, AR coating on that model is spectacular. Also this is one of the only watches I know that are rather large, but that work well on people who have small wrists (like I do). The way their straps are attached makes the watch look less bulky on small wrists, while the black color of the strap removes even more size. So if you like large watches but have smaller wrists this is the one to get.

Anyway I'll let you know in a few day how the story ends with the dealer.... or whether the quest continues...

My suggestion is this.. when I first got the C1... I thought yeah its off center ...but well its a replica.. but it kept bugging me and bugging me.. because everything else about this watch is PERFECT... seriously there's nothing else I didnt like.. everything BUT this one off center dial. Also my wife immediately noticed it as well.. its just something you notice... after all it is the one moving part so you automatically look at it.

So my suggestion is don't settle for un centered.. it will keep bugging you to the point where you can't stand it anymore.... to me this is my daily watch.. or will be. Most dealers have short time periods for returns, some of them very short ones so truly make sure you are happy.

My suggestion is this.. when I first got the C1... I thought yeah its off center ...but well its a replica.. but it kept bugging me and bugging me.. because everything else about this watch is PERFECT... seriously there's nothing else I didnt like.. everything BUT this one off center dial. Also my wife immediately noticed it as well.. its just something you notice... after all it is the one moving part so you automatically look at it.

So my suggestion is don't settle for un centered.. it will keep bugging you to the point where you can't stand it anymore.... to me this is my daily watch.. or will be. Most dealers have short time periods for returns, some of them very short ones so truly make sure you are happy.

Thank you. So it's always a good idea to request an actual picture of the exact watch that will be sent to you to from a dealer, especially for this watch. I saw a C1 for sale on another board, but unfortunately someone beat me to buying it.

I just got my 2 Concord C1's and they are PERFECT - ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

THANK YOU TO

KINGWATCH

www.kingwatches.net

www.kingshowbox.com

For getting me 2 perfectly centered C1's.. VERY HAPPY CAMPER HERE.

I'll post some pics in a little while....

Glad to hear it worked out for you!! Yeah, I can see that issue would bug the heck out of me.

You can adjust the dial position slightly by bending the dial mounting posts a tiny amount. Most movements have a countersunk dial pin hole to allow this.

Alternately you could file one side of the pin down a little but it'll depend how the dial mounts in the movement. This is assuming the sub dial "hand disk" is accurately made of course.

I would love to see some pics of these two beauties! I have been lusting after a good rep of a C1 for a while now, and I am glad you mentioned that they work well on smaller wrists. That was my one concern about that particular watch. Of the two, do you have a favorite color?

If you wouldn't mind, could you post a pic of the watches on your wrist so I can see how it looks?

I just got my 2 Concord C1's and they are PERFECT - ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

THANK YOU TO

KINGWATCH

www.kingwatches.net

www.kingshowbox.com

For getting me 2 perfectly centered C1's.. VERY HAPPY CAMPER HERE.

I'll post some pics in a little while....

• 1 month later...