When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can this Fan Rollie be created?

ThinkBachs

I saw this posted somewhere that I can't recall, and only wish I was the originator of the idea. With that said, maybe I can be the one that actually creates it. I am no watchmaker, so even considering attempting to do this on my own wreaks of insanity. Here's what I'm talking about...

Daytona-Deepsea-2-1.jpg

I'm thinking that there's a custom dial company out there that could probably do the dial, it's the movement that has me the most concerned. The rest of the watch looks like I could pick the parts up off the shelf. One of the components that would be the most important to me would be that I'd like to see the case come from a Submariner, with holes and pushers installed. The Daytona is too small as it is. Using a Sub case would make a Rolex chrono that would better fit us guys with larger wrists. It would also allow for being able to find the ceramic bezel that this needs. From what I can see, the biggest obstacle would be finding a movement in this configuration with chronos and date- at least as far as I'm aware of what's available which isn't saying much.

Soooooooo, watcha think? :)

The movement with chronos and date has been done, just in a different configuration. Check out the Breitling Blackbird.

Should clarify, the Blackbird config difference is obviously the seconds location.

I knew I saw that config some place, though it seems to me that it was on another watch. Now that I've had some sleep, I'll be able to do a little more research. Here's the Blackbird for reference...

blackbird_new_01.jpg vs steel_daytona_rolex_116520_c.jpg

Others as I find 'em...

Bentley 6.75 White Dial

BRE-BTY675-06.jpg

Looks like the movement to get might be:

-Asian 7750 second at 3 automatic chronograph movement at 28800vph