When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angelus Project - Need Help From Current SF 240 Owners

Watchmeister

I am working on an Angelus project and need input from current owners of Angelus SF 240 movements. Could folks who already own a movement or watch with this movement post a good picture or two of their movements including all bridge plates and the regulator. If for whatever reason you don't want to post publicly please send me a PM including pics. In short I am trying to conduct a survey as to the plate shapes and finish of movements owned by members. All input is appreciated. Please bear in mind that I want pictures of movements actually owned by members rather than generic pictures. If anything comes of this I will let folks know. ;)

W - happy to help, and if you email me with whatever you're after that may be of interest, I'll get some files over to you. Tourby's vintage PAM movement photobucket makes for good viewing if it's movement shots you're after. I can also include details of different engraving types (manufacturers / CDG decoration) if you're interested in it for a reason other than what I already know about.

R-

That is very helpful but on this post I am focused on what plates people actually have on their existing movements.

ATB-

W

In which case, the last image shows the actual plates on my existing movements! Some of the others are key-wound for spares / one is sold, but they're all my own movements...

Here pics of some of mines :

2 are with cdg, thin or big, one are serviced and run in my watch since september without stop.

Angelusback.jpg

GWAngelus5.jpg

I have restore it, see the before/pics:

Angelusdark.jpg

Twoangelus.jpg

Angeluscu3.jpg

Angeluscu4.jpg

This one is a late production one, with the better durable finish, antichoc and micro regulator, as you can see on some big egiziano.

It was damage during shipping, the minute wheel was bend and even if the watch run, the hands don't moove, i have recently repair it by changing the wheel by an other one taken on a keywind one i recently buy, i new condition.

I will mod it to a non alarm one by adding a cover plate in late months of this year.

P1010643.jpg

And a gen with alarm removed just to compare:

angalarm2.jpg

Hope this help,

The only problem with this ang ones is that since i have achieve it and don't wear my others watches:D

To R., i am ok to take one of your non alarm one if you don't have utility of it :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps W.

IMG_3068.jpg

DSCF1678.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

I am working on an Angelus project and need input from current owners of Angelus SF 240 movements. Could folks who already own a movement or watch with this movement post a good picture or two of their movements including all bridge plates and the regulator. If for whatever reason you don't want to post publicly please send me a PM including pics. In short I am trying to conduct a survey as to the plate shapes and finish of movements owned by members. All input is appreciated. Please bear in mind that I want pictures of movements actually owned by members rather than generic pictures. If anything comes of this I will let folks know. ;)