When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for an opinions on this

happypupy

Well I'm pretty new to the whole REP aspect of watch collecting. I've been collecting GEN TAGs and Movados for a couple years and started reading about REPs and how well made they can be about a year back. I'm not looking to get a REP to pass off as GEN by any means, but honestly, I love the look of the sub but I'm not in a position to spend that kind of $$ right now. So I've been looking around and I've found this one. I've read through alot of the older posts in the Rolex section here. There is just SOOOOOO much information. I keep reading about "Ultimate" this and "1:1" that, but it's not all sinking in just yet I guess. So I'm gonna post this link and ask for your opinions on it. Is this REP worth the $$? I've seen alot of great things said about Trusty Time, which Is why I starting looking there. Thanks in advance for any information and your opinions.

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=1234

My opinion, if you're not going to go for the WM9 v2, is to not spend $$ on the "Ultimate" or "Perfect" versions either.

I'd recommend the newb (link below), the rehaut verges on ridiculous and the date mag is too far right, but it's an excellent rep for the $ - and a good introduction to reps. So you'll see if you like the feel and the trade-off from gen. Any rep is never the "real thing" so if you get hung up on details forget reps. But you can find a nice watch in the style you like for a great price. I personally love my Sub LV Asian newb and Sub Summer Blue ETA 2836, they're the best value in reps - in my opinion.

I keep thinking about getting this standard black Sub newb... but with two others already I have held off.

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=1699

Trusty is great.