When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2008 Super Avenger White Dial Changing Colour

Del_RFC

Anyone else noticed a distinct change in the dial colour of the Super Avenger.

Although never the right colour as discussed many times on here the dial was at least white.

Over the months my dial has slowly changed to more of a very light champagne colour. Best way to describe it would be white with a very suttle touch of gold added.

On closer inspection I am now seeing the area directly around the numbers are a little lighter than the rest of the dial area.

The watch still looks superb but beginning to wish I had gone for the black dialled version now.

Anyone else noticed a distinct change in the dial colour of the Super Avenger.

Although never the right colour as discussed many times on here the dial was at least white.

Over the months my dial has slowly changed to more of a very light champagne colour. Best way to describe it would be white with a very suttle touch of gold added.

On closer inspection I am now seeing the area directly around the numbers are a little lighter than the rest of the dial area.

The watch still looks superb but beginning to wish I had gone for the black dialled version now.

maybe you can ask your dealer to get you a black dial because of the color change. Or demand another dial when buying a new rep. Installing the hands and dial is not too difficult for any watch smith.

just my 2 cents.

The genuine can looks white in certain lighting

P3140067.JPG

or like this below as well...is it similar to your replica?.

P7170147.JPG

The best measure I have on the dial "whiteness" is when compared side by side to my SFSO. The $100 SFSO has remained a bright white colour whilst the SA has changed quite a bit.

Don't get me wrong it still looks great and is probably unrecognisable to anyone who is not an expert. Probably even adds a bit of character to the watch as it does not cheapen the look.

Can only assume that either the colour change is due to light exposure or a contamination from one of the materials used in the dial construction.

Owning both the rep and the gen, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, the reps are WRONG. Too much of a goldy tint, not even close side by side. For some reason it seems very difficult to capture in photos. If yours is starting to go more yellow, I would recommend a gen dial install....