When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB normal and HBB lite

nikki6

Ok, so maybe I'm being real dumb here, but I can't decifer any real difference between these models!? The specs all seem to match up, same case, ceramic bezel (if model has one), double AR etc.

I really can't get the difference!?

Now please remember before flaming me, that I can't actually physically see these watches and the people who have described them for me have described the same watch?!?

I just don't get it, any HBB experts, help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Sixx :bones:

So we are talking over $300, in some cases, for AR?!? Man Chieftang would choke on his crystals!!!

It just seems crazy money for an AR job, which admitedly I'm told is very good, but still 300 jimmy's for an AR job and the slight possibility of a lower beat?!?

Worlds gone radio rental!!

Oh and thanks guys!!

Sixx :bones:

Can anybody provide an analysis/review of the accuracy of this rep, the Platinum Mat?

I can't judge the accuracy because I don't know the Platinum that well, but I can tell you that the rep in the photos uses the low-beat movement (which is a crap shoot at best). It's a nice looking watch, but don't expect it to tell time.

To the OP: Keep in mind that more than one rep-maker producing HBB reps. The original "V1" maker offers both "Ultimate" and "Lite" models. Thankfully, they ALL have the good hi-beat movement. The only difference is that the Lite models lack the AR. Some dealers (like Puretime) will put single sided AR on a Lite model for you for a nominal fee ($20 I think). Those are usually the best option for the money.

The V2 maker offers a wider variety of HBB models (like the Platinum Mat above, and the versions with the nice SS bracelet), but most, if not all of them, have the low beat movement.

There are other makers out there as well - you just have to keep a sharp eye on the specs and ask your dealer a lot of questions before committing.

Guest hublot1

The Platinum Mat seen here is single AR with the low beat movement so I would not even consider it. There are amazing reviews on repgeek by the expert Kimerathon should anyone be a member as well.

I would stick with bbhaven or puretime. Do get high beat 28.800 movement and single or double AR.

You could save around $200 and have an aftermarket AR done which is superior to any double or single China factory however the gen has a single AR plus you will have to remove the crystal take unecesseary risks, ship it wait for several weeks re-install ...etc so it is your decision really

Let me know if intrested in like new SS with Polished ceramic ultimate from bbhaven

Guest hublot1
The Platinum Mat seen here is single AR with the low beat movement so I would not even consider it. There are amazing reviews on repgeek by the expert Kimerathon should anyone be a member as well.

I would stick with bbhaven or puretime. Do get high beat 28.800 movement and single or double AR.

You could save around $200 and have an aftermarket AR done which is superior to any double or single China factory however the gen has a single AR plus you will have to remove the crystal take unecesseary risks, ship it wait for several weeks re-install ...etc so it is your decision really

Let me know if intrested in like new SS with Polished ceramic ultimate from bbhaven

Here is mine BBHAVEN ultimate asking firm $420 shipped that I will be listing on rg friday enjoy:

hbb2.jpg

hbb1.jpg

Edited by hublot1

Guest hublot1

Wrong dial???

What are you talking about????

The HBB SS lite version comes with a PVD coated bezel, Mine is the ultimate with real polished "shinny" ceramic bezel you can also have it in a brushed "stealth" ceramic bezel

Now regarding the dial my friend you can either have it with the CF Carbon Fiber dial or the plain black dial like mine exactly like the gen hublot big bang

Trust me I know what I am talking about

;)

"Here is mine BBHAVEN ultimate asking firm $420 shipped that I will be listing on rg friday enjoy:"

But this one has the wrong dial for the ceramic bezel SS HBB.

Edited by hublot1

Guest hublot1
Wrong dial???

What are you talking about????

The HBB SS lite version comes with a PVD coated bezel, Mine is the ultimate with real polished "shinny" ceramic bezel you can also have it in a brushed "stealth" ceramic bezel

Now regarding the dial my friend you can either have it with the CF Carbon Fiber dial or the plain black dial like mine exactly like the gen hublot big bang

Trust me I know what I am talking about

;)

I will add that the gen HBB line can be confusing as they have so many different variations.You see the most popular genuine model is indeed with the litle squared Carbon Fiber dial however the replica of that model does not seem to have the depth and texture as the genuine thus opting for a plain black dial.

Some genuine depending on production date also came with either a black or white date wheel making things even more confusing.

The genuine has a single anti reflective coating that is somewhat different from replicas...Replicas are available with no AR, one side AR or double AR. The double AR has a tendency to project a bluish tint that I happen to like and almost makes the crystal dissapear making the details pop.

Now mine is the Ultimate version the best you can buy from the best or first factory with 28.8 bvp same as on the genuine with real ceramic bezel that can be either polished or brushed same as the genuine. This means the only visual difference between the gen and this rep is that the date wheel is a bit recessed. In addition, the back of the gen has a micro regulator found on the cheaper replica version with the 21.6 bvp movement. Unfortunately this version comes with thick stickers on the back and does not look good they usually also come with single AR only plus a steel coated PVD bezel prone to scratches.

Mine has the engraved rotor the only thing missing is the micro regulator and the H logo on the back.

Hope that clarifies things... :D