When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Suggestion: clearer headline when selling on this site

mbjoer

When looking to buy a watch I have noted that there are an awful lot listed which upon closer inspection are actually sold.

I have also noted that a number of sellers and buyers prefer to operate within their own customs area.

To not have to go through all the ones which really are not available for me I would suggest that the rules for listhing here are changed as follows:

1) When the watch is put up for sale it should be listed where it is and if seller will ship elsewhere. Example: FS UPO (US/Overseas possible) or FS UPO (CONUS)

2) When the watch is soled, this should be clearly stated in the headline. Example SOLD UPO (US/Overseas possible)

These small changes would make it much easier to navigate for watches for sale.

When looking to buy a watch I have noted that there are an awful lot listed which upon closer inspection are actually sold.

I have also noted that a number of sellers and buyers prefer to operate within their own customs area.

To not have to go through all the ones which really are not available for me I would suggest that the rules for listhing here are changed as follows:

1) When the watch is put up for sale it should be listed where it is and if seller will ship elsewhere. Example: FS UPO (US/Overseas possible) or FS UPO (CONUS)

2) When the watch is soled, this should be clearly stated in the headline. Example SOLD UPO (US/Overseas possible)

These small changes would make it much easier to navigate for watches for sale.

ccccccccc

youc an't edit posts, we used to mark them sold and erase them, i'm not a fan of the new system

youc an't edit posts, we used to mark them sold and erase them, i'm not a fan of the new system

I personally enjoy looking at the sales threads even after the item sells, I also think they are valuable in learning about the different kinds mods and what they do to the value of the piece. I also think it is nice to have price reference points to draw on. Just my opinion.

We always appreciate input and suggestions...

This issue was discussed at length...

The reason for the "No Editing" is because folks wouldn't follow the rule of leaving the original post in tact...

And the forum software doesn't allow just editing of the Title & Description...

So it was an all or nothing...

Having the Sales in there original posted condition brings a much needed safety net for both the buyer & seller...

The change coincided with the addition of the feedback system...

As far as forcing people to comply with specific disclosures in there Topic Titles...

Probably ain't going to happen...

Double T