When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Transplant complete

l3x

...sort of...

Something I like to share with you guys...

So I got a very nice 002 off the sales section a few weeks back. I was lucky enough to find a gen 002 dial for it (thnx Sylar) and gen hands (thnx Serge).

Originally I wanted to do a simple transplant but my plans changed. I ended up building a new watch due to me getting a hold of a gen C series case set (tnx BC) :D

And here's the result:

Gen everything ... I guess even the movement cause it's gen swiss :D

002c.jpg

002c2.jpg

And here's the other frankens :D

frankens.jpg

The one on the left is SBRUBB's 111F. Gen dial and hands.

The one on the right is what I transplanted into the 002 I bought off the sales section. Gen dial and hands. In a Fu case, etc... It's got hammy 892 movement inside enclosed in a B series caseback.

Man this modding stuff is getting too fun. Thanks for looking.

Thnx fellas.

Same here Kruzer. A gen is a gen and nothing more. And stays mostly in the box until some special occasion happens, at least for me. But the frankens (even non-frankens), especially the one's you put together yourself, are priceless. I get totally satisfaction wearing these guys knowing you created them the way that you want.

This whole thing was a learning excercise for me. The main reason I joined these communities. I've learned so much in the past 4 months :-)

Thnx fellas.

Same here Kruzer. A gen is a gen and nothing more. And stays mostly in the box until some special occasion happens, at least for me. But the frankens (even non-frankens), especially the one's you put together yourself, are priceless. I get totally satisfaction wearing these guys knowing you created them the way that you want.

This whole thing was a learning excercise for me. The main reason I joined these communities. I've learned so much in the past 4 months :-)

Nicely done. Nothing like the Franken - especially yhe hunt for parts and anticipation of final result.

Yours look great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Exactly what you guys said. When you wear the completed project it has a story behind it. Congratulations!

thnx guys.

@Toadtorrent - my daughter actually picked it for me - she cracks up with every post I make :-)

@ FGD - I finally got a hold of one of your dials. It came with the watch. It was for a 201A. I'm really impressed with it. Very nice work my friend. I'm looking to transplant it into another special case. Cannot wait to complete it so I can have it on my wrist.