When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

asian 7751 movement

db1

Hi,

i was trying to search the whole board for a full or at least a half of a review of the asian 7751 movement (a7750 modded to work as 7751 with complications)

i was wondering about this movement's reliability & quality , with all the packed complications added to the base a7750.

any info would be much appreciated :)

db

yeah, i was browsing through many search results and found out that there's no tear-down nor mini-review of the a7751 movement yet.

it could be nice if we've had some in-depth info about this movement, a few really nice reps are powered by this one with all complications working which is super nice.

but then again, it makes me wonder about build quality and reliability of the movement, since as much as i know and learned- the asian chronograph movements are working great when in the original layout or slight modification- but as more and more is added- more pressure is put on the gears and that makes me think if the complications added to the base a7750 to make it a a7751 put a fair pressure on the base movement or maybe it put too much pressure?

most complications added are not turning extra gears full turns 24/7 like a small-secs hand, but still..

anyone knows anything about this?

i have had many 7750's that have worked great, 2 i have had to send back after 40 or so purchased.

i LOVE mmy 7751 longines, it has an exceptional power reserve its a fine movement. i haven't broken it down nor do i know how. But, i love mine :)

the 7751 movement's complications are nice to look at - gotta love those 'busy' chrono dials :)

phoband: is it true that the eta 7751 date wheels are per the gen longines master chrono ?

i know breit are using their own font on the datora probably, but longines are using the eta date wheels on the 7751 aren't they?

is it possible to get and install the eta 7751 dw on the a7751 ?

db