When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are DSN watches waterproof?

I've often wondered this too. With my DSN and also standard reps.

I'm not talking about deep depth testing. I'm not diving to the center of the earth. I just want to swim and/or take a shower at the gym. We're talking whopping depths of ~1 meter max here. Except I don't want to find out by destroying a watch or having it fog over.

Hehe, that's a call-out if I've ever seen one. I've got a beautiful B&R 1000(!!!) meter dive watch, and I'm afraid to wear it into the pool.

I used my standard rep 111 with T-crown and V-crown guard even for diving up to a depth of about 25 feet. Swimming or having a shower is no problem as well.

Grease all gaskets and make sure the crystal sits perfectly in its gasket. Make sure that the crown guard is really pushing the crown in it's gasket and swimming should not be a problem.

Hey Noobs! DSN Watches that comes direct from him is NORMALLY rated to 3ATM.....so that's about 90 ft of water! Most of the stuff from the dealers here are about the same!

If you're handy and make it water resistant for shower/swimming, open it up and apply grease on the caseback rubber o-ring and the crown and tube (if there's one like the subs)

rubber o-rings! And if you really want to be sure, then have it tested!

I've been swimming with all my watches and swam with a few of them after I did the above and have them tested!

Goodluck!

Hike!

Problem with 30m / 90f waterproof is that this means withstanding a static (!) pressure of 3 bars. When swimming every move you make will cause massive water pressure on the watch and therefore 30m can be not enough.

To clean your watch with water and soap you need ad least 30m, for having a shower at least 50m and for swimming and snorkeling at least 100m. I would not go diving with a watch rated 30m. From 150m rating on you can call it a watch for a hobby diver, from 300m rating on it's a pro watch

hmmm i guess i am the only one who can reply to this!

Last summer i took my DSN 111h to scuba dive to 18 m. I dived twice (2 tank dives...) There's your answer... The watch runs perfectly..

Here in Holland we have a saying 'one swallow (bird) does not make a summer'.

So if one guy went diving with his watch only twice and everything is ok, then it does not mean that all watches will be. There fore the quality construct and quality control is just not consistent enough with reps from China.

And someone calling someone a noob and then writing that 3atm is the same as 90ft in the water.... :g: :g:

Pressure is depending on weight and speed as well. So if an adult male is swimming, jumping/diving into the water, the pressure is higher than 3ATM. Same if you have a chronograph watch with WET push buttons. If you push the wet button, you apply a lot more pressure than 3 or 5 atm. maybe even more than 10atm...

Swimming with these reps is at own risk. It is an activity which the watch nearly can take. For yourself you can make sure that all rubber o rings are properly greased and sealed.

Also you might check if the screws of the crown guard are well enough screwed down against the case, so that the crown is pushed in good enough. And that the CG itself sits tight against the case.

If you want to shower with the watch, just make sure you replace the rubber o rings every 2 years. showergel and shampoo dissolves the grease on the rubber o rings.

And like Sweatdogg said, have it pressuretested, then you know for sure. With the watches i will swimm with, all have been pressure tested.