When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your Homeland .. Share it with Us

lanikai

Hey Lani,

great post.

I don't know if you play golf.....but I spent two weeks on Oahu and my greatest memory was making Birdie on 18 at Koolau.

Apparently that is some kinda big deal. I got a hero's welcome at the clubhouse, and they sent me an embroidered golf bag and shoe caddy.

I wish I had known you then. it would have been nice to share a smoke and get the local flavor ......well, from a local:-)

Wow.. K,

Koolau was rated in the top 10 most difficult courses in the US. and the 18 is the hardest.. just to get across the ravine in good shape..

you could come out with 3 (five gallon buckets) of balls from the surrounding forests in no time.. that is the degree of difficulty of that course.

they had to redo the course because it was so difficult.. next time you must do Luana hills... across the way's in the other valley..

We call the back 9 ... Jurassic park.. it's a Marvel to just be that deep in a rain forest that has a golf course.

You'll have to spot me .. I used to be a +5 .. not anymore... :)

A~C

R

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mac, no it isn't *g* Are you from around?

Nah, one of my mechanics is from around there, always rave about the hillclimb, so he took me up when I passed through last fall. That was one amazing road! If you see a little yellow Lotus screaming up the hill, that'll be him! :D

The Hillclimb is fine :) I participated twice in an '69 Opel GT, was lot of fun.

I used to go up there fast in my 911 (993), but sold the car to raise funds to buy my apartment last year. Hope to have a toy car again soon, Schauninsland so much fun :) Unfortunately motorcycles are not allowed there on weekends. There were too much accidents over the last years.

If you are in the area again you should try Glottertal to St. Peter and Kandel, very nice road as well.

The Hillclimb is fine :) I participated twice in an '69 Opel GT, was lot of fun.

I used to go up there fast in my 911 (993), but sold the car to raise funds to buy my apartment last year. Hope to have a toy car again soon, Schauninsland so much fun :) Unfortunately motorcycles are not allowed there on weekends. There were too much accidents over the last years.

If you are in the area again you should try Glottertal to St. Peter and Kandel, very nice road as well.

CC..

All your roadway's seem emmaculate ..

we have the most horrible roads here in Hawaii constant "pot holes" need filling after rains..

It's a real hazard for motorbikes ~

L

• 1 year later...