When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebel bracelet adjustment help needed

Steve52

I received my Ebel BTR last week and am wondering if there is a better way to adjust the bracelet. As shipped it is a bit too big. When I take out the link closest to the clasp, it's a bit too small. Picky I know, but is there a way to make a smaller adjustment? I can't see one, but thought someone at RWG might know.

Thanks!

"Interestingly, the links themselves are a 5 piece design. Usually, you'd have the shiny bits simply painted on, but here they're all separate. My only gripe is that there are no micro adjustments, resizing can only be done removing the links. "

This is taken from:

hxxp://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=68466

I received my Ebel BTR last week and am wondering if there is a better way to adjust the bracelet. As shipped it is a bit too big. When I take out the link closest to the clasp, it's a bit too small. Picky I know, but is there a way to make a smaller adjustment? I can't see one, but thought someone at RWG might know.

Thanks!

My Discovery 1911 has both half links and full links that can be removed, but there is no micro adjustment that can be done beyond that as far as I can tell. I guess just make sure you are taking out a half link when you do it. To get mine to fit right I had to take out one full and one half link.

If all you have is full links, I'll trade you a half link for your full link if it will help you.

** nevermind ... I see the links are different on the BTR bracelet. From what I can tell though from looking at pics on sales threads, it looks like on both the quartz and auto versions the last link is a full link. Sounds like the half link is what you will need, if it's even made.

Edited by tomhorn

The last link before the clasp's half-link (attached to clasp) that closes the bracelet is just slightly smaller than the others. I guess that's the only adjustment to make. Bummer! I like to wear the bracelet loose, but without taking out that last link it's too loose, with the link out too tight. Guess you can't have it all!

Thanks!

The last link before the clasp's half-link (attached to clasp) that closes the bracelet is just slightly smaller than the others. I guess that's the only adjustment to make. Bummer! I like to wear the bracelet loose, but without taking out that last link it's too loose, with the link out too tight. Guess you can't have it all!

Thanks!

I have the same problem with my 1911. It fits perfect (I like my watches to wear a little loose) or way to loose. I'll accept this as her only fault, all things considered.

I have the same problem with my 1911. It fits perfect (I like my watches to wear a little loose) or way to loose. I'll accept this as her only fault, all things considered.

Same construction as the gen, so the fault is there too. :(

Only a few watches have that "micro adjust" feature. The Rolex DSSD's clasp is slick!!