When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Almost wrecked my graham 7750, lucky escape

I dropped my Graham Chronofighter and caused quite a few damages, however I think I made a lucky escape, initally I shoock the watch and it made a really aweful clanking noise, I took it home and opened it up

here is the list of damages

1) they weight on the balance wheel has come off ****FIXED****

2) The Hinge of the lever that activates the chronograph is broken

3) the spring on the reset button has bouced off somehwere and can't trace it.

4) the seconds hand resets currently at 1/3 of a second forward, however this does not bother me.

The graham is a heavy watch and I'm incredibly surprised that the movement survived the shock and left only minor problems.

here in pictures.

post-4831-1241479898_thumb.jpg

post-4831-1241479933_thumb.jpg

Now a few questions I have.

Is there anywhere I can buy the spring and the nut and bolt that acts as the hinge for this watch?

Thanks

Edit update:

Is the weight of the balance whell easy to replace back by snaping it into position? Or do i need to send it to a watch repairer? *****Fixed**** simple issue of just slotting the pieces together...

Yikes. Small parts like that are hard to find. You can try a local watch repair place as the spring on the chrono lever HOPEFULLY is not so specific a part that it needs something custom. If not, you might have to try your dealer for a replacement part, or possibly to ship it to them for a repair. This would obviously not be a warranty repair.

Good luck, and keep us posted. I've never heard of this problem, so documenting a solution here would be useful to others.