When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT IIc Cyclops AR

ammandel

I read a bunch of dated topics where Lani and chief were organising to sort out mags for the GMT IIc, but never saw any pictures of any finished results..

So; guys - did this work? did it look gen? Any pictures anywhere?

Would love to hear from you all that were involved!

Im starting think the crystal with the new AR'd cyclops is some kind of new crystal invention, and have been thinking this which is why it let me to find out what happened when you guys tried it.

To illustrate what I'm saying; the crystal as we know it minus the cyclops will cause reflections, on top of that, so will the bottom and the top of the cyclops.

I'm starting to think the cyclops might be part of the new crystal and infact not attached with glue. Does anyone know of anyone thats removed a cyclops from a Gen GMT IIc? I doubt it. and I'd be willing to bet that its so clear because infact there is no underside to the glass, but infact just an AR'd cyclops in what is essentially a cut out of the main sapphire.

Whatcha think?

edit; while Im thinking about it; the idea Ive proposed for the complexity of this crystal MAY give the sapphire slightly weaker points around the edges of the cyclops, explaining why even though the GMT IIc has the same triplock crown and case as the new submariner, it is not rated as highly in terms of WR. (Well, that and marketing..)

Im starting think the crystal with the new AR'd cyclops is some kind of new crystal invention, and have been thinking this which is why it let me to find out what happened when you guys tried it.

To illustrate what I'm saying; the crystal as we know it minus the cyclops will cause reflections, on top of that, so will the bottom and the top of the cyclops.

I'm starting to think the cyclops might be part of the new crystal and infact not attached with glue. Does anyone know of anyone thats removed a cyclops from a Gen GMT IIc? I doubt it. and I'd be willing to bet that its so clear because infact there is no underside to the glass, but infact just an AR'd cyclops in what is essentially a cut out of the main sapphire.

Whatcha think?

edit; while Im thinking about it; the idea Ive proposed for the complexity of this crystal MAY give the sapphire slightly weaker points around the edges of the cyclops, explaining why even though the GMT IIc has the same triplock crown and case as the new submariner, it is not rated as highly in terms of WR. (Well, that and marketing..)

A member on TZ did have his watch smith remove his cyclops on his GMT II.. he wanted to be able to view the date font without the mag.. he did post pics of it on TZ..