When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc-vintage Minute Repeater

Jetsons

Beautiful vintage IWC brought to you buy, Joshua. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

With the correct acrylic crystal (states sapphire) it would be one fine time piece. As is, it is very classy and elegant vintage time keeper.

I haven't seen this IWC mentioned so here it is. Beautiful and appears to be well done. The dial seems to have a light ivory patina (at least from the photos) which is nice touch,

BTW, I'm seeing quite a few new rep cases using 220 grade SS. What's up with that?

On to the photos, compliments of Joshua (I hope you don't mind using your photos :) )

99907-26478.jpg

99907-26479.jpg

99907-26480.jpg

http://perfect-clones.com/iw10006-vintage-...ater-p-216.html

Jet

I also have one, put it on a nice strap frm TSS. Wearing it know..

Gerco

and *poof* there it is!

:lol:

crasy acrylic dreams...I like this thread but its just crasy :p

The acrylic is not the important change here at all IMHO. I would say that if someone could put the chime into that "repeater" replica so it becomes a real repeater now that would be an improvement truly worth waiting for

g. :) (back from the gran tour of North America...greetings from Dave)

There is no way I would want an acrylic crystal on any watch.

ACRYLIC = PLASTIC = SCRATCHES

I would take Saphire every time even if the orig had acrylic. Acrylic is an inferior crystal material and while this was the original material, this is a replica and adding a plastic crystal still makes this a replica. So, give me the Saphire please so my nice replica stays shiny and scratch free for ever.

Usil

100470-26376.jpg

100470-26377.jpg

100470-26378.jpg

My repeater (Joshua's) on a tss strap

Edited by Gerco

There is no way I would want an acrylic crystal on any watch.

ACRYLIC = PLASTIC = SCRATCHES

I would take Saphire every time even if the orig had acrylic. Acrylic is an inferior crystal material and while this was the original material, this is a replica and adding a plastic crystal still makes this a replica. So, give me the Saphire please so my nice replica stays shiny and scratch free for ever.

Usil

Hi Usil,

I don't mind a acrylic crystal. It's a dresswatch, so i'm wearing it to the office.

For working in the garden, on the cars & boat i'm using another watch. This way the acrylic keeps its mint condition.

greetz Gerco

:lol:

The acrylic is not the important change here at all IMHO. I would say that if someone could put the chime into that "repeater" replica so it becomes a real repeater now that would be an improvement truly worth waiting for

/quote]

Me too, i would definatly go for it if it finctioned as a repeter, and also would stick withthe saphire

Andy