When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Justifying a Gen YM purchase

wadan

Hi. I believe only you have the answer to that question... however i can reply with my thoughts around the matter.

for me there is allways another watch to put on the shortlist, and i know there is many to be released in future that i will crave for.

if by selling off the other watches that you have, rep and gen, you could be very well on your way as to finance the YM. making it a rather small expence.

id like to add that for me it is not only about watches (rep or gen) but this community as well. that does not need to change for you at all. hope to see you around even tho you think you will never be on the lookout for a nother watch.

its quite difficult to have just one?!... :p

If you can wear only one watch, my hats off to you. If I was to pick a grail watch, I'd have to say it's the Submariner for me- but heck, I already have three gens, three frankens and who knows how many reps. So obviously I can't wear only one watch. Besides that, I have another 20 or so watches of various types. I'm big on variety.

But if you really like the Yacht-Master (and I'm assuming it's the Rolesium), I think you owe it to yourself to buy a gen. Since you already have a noob YM, it's perfect, you can wear the noob for the dangerous stuff and save the gen for dress up, etc. I do try not to wear my gens doing yard work, etc. And if you never buy another watch, my hats off to you.

The YM has many good reps, if you want a gen rollie, go for a Daytona or something more complex that is poorly repped. I think since you already have a quality YM rep and wear it regularly it's good enough.

I think anybody who buys a gen Rolex and it doesn't have gold or isn't a Daytona is making a foolish purchase (sorry in advance).