When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Purchase Daytona replica in the USA

bwboats

OOOH...I was just about to say "Use Search" but I saw you upgraded to Platinum after just joining today.

Awesome. Thanks for taking ownership of the forum and helping keep it alive.

Because of that...I shall be your guide on the journey to Rep-Land.

First stop: Read the Noob Guide linked in my signature for an introduction to reps, rep buying, and about meeting your expectations.

Second stop: Decide which Daytona you are talking about. Some that use the movement modification with the running seconds at the 6-o-clock subdial have a flaky movement (not reliable).

By-Tor's Seconds at 6 Daytona Review

If you're talking vintage, the options aren't great without spending a lot of money. The issue is that the dial quality on 6263's for example isn't great without spending a lot of money.

If you are interested in the 6263 look but aren't too concerned with high accuracy, there is still a nice 6263 available with a very reliable Seagull manual wind movement...but the writing of the ROLEX and the coronet are too large compared with the gen.

You have to decide if such flaws on a rarely seen watch are deal breakers for you.

If you are willing to spend lots of money, you can build an essentially genuine 16520 or 16523 for about half the price (with the same movement):

Who to buy from is personal preference. Read the trade review section for the different reviews of the various dealers.

Good luck on the journey...it really is that. It's not like popping into Wal-Mart.

OOOH...I was just about to say "Use Search" but I saw you upgraded to Platinum after just joining today.

Awesome. Thanks for taking ownership of the forum and helping keep it alive.

Because of that...I shall be your guide on the journey to Rep-Land.

First stop: Read the Noob Guide linked in my signature for an introduction to reps, rep buying, and about meeting your expectations.

Second stop: Decide which Daytona you are talking about. Some that use the movement modification with the running seconds at the 6-o-clock subdial have a flaky movement (not reliable).

By-Tor's Seconds at 6 Daytona Review

If you're talking vintage, the options aren't great without spending a lot of money. The issue is that the dial quality on 6263's for example isn't great without spending a lot of money.

If you are interested in the 6263 look but aren't too concerned with high accuracy, there is still a nice 6263 available with a very reliable Seagull manual wind movement...but the writing of the ROLEX and the coronet are too large compared with the gen.

You have to decide if such flaws on a rarely seen watch are deal breakers for you.

If you are willing to spend lots of money, you can build an essentially genuine 16520 or 16523 for about half the price (with the same movement):

Who to buy from is personal preference. Read the trade review section for the different reviews of the various dealers.

Good luck on the journey...it really is that. It's not like popping into Wal-Mart.

Thank you for the quick response and nice welcome. I'm looking for a 16520. I took a quick look at the forums but I could not determine who was in the USA that carried quality replicas. Any extra guidance would be appreciated.

PS I like to contribute to GOOD causes like this site.

Thank you for the quick response and nice welcome. I'm looking for a 16520. I took a quick look at the forums but I could not determine who was in the USA that carried quality replicas. Any extra guidance would be appreciated.

PS I like to contribute to GOOD causes like this site.

Like Ubi said making is the best, but requires a very skilled watchmaker experienced in modding things to fit, sourcing hard to find parts, and spending upwards of $4000 USD. If you're willing to take a chance on the Seconds at 6 movement...any of the dealers recommended here in the "collectors" section should be able to help. There are no dealers in the USA. They all come from China. If you're lucky, you might find one in the "Watches" section from another member in the US.