When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need advice on how to remove scratches from chrome bezel on Fiddy

bkwbkw

Hey all-

What do you guys use to remove scratches on the bezel of your fiddy's - or any other mirrored surface watch? I was considering using cape cod, but I'm pretty sure it wont leave me with a mirror finish afterwards.

Learned the hard way that trying to stuff my fiddy + gunny under my cuff w/ cufflinks is a bad bad bad idea. I also have hairline scratches near the crown from regular winding that I'd like to remove as well.

Thanks!

Thanks all, what about the sapphire, should I tape that off too? I dont believe theres any AR on the outside.. then again, if there is, I'd like to remove that anyways.

I've got a dremel - which polishing paste do you use? The red?

I agree that a Dremel is great to use if the scratches are prominent; if they are simple hair lines, I prefer the Cape Cod as it allows me to finesse the surface. Plus, it shouldn't take too much effort to eliminate hairline swirls.

I used to use these and they are definitely handy for polishing small areas which would be tricky for a dremel. The main reason I prefer the dremel method over cape cod is that cape cod leaves fine scratches behind. They are unavoidable, even if you use cape cod with a dremel it still leaves fine scratches behind. These are not easy to see in normal light, but under strong light they're visible.

Thanks all, what about the sapphire, should I tape that off too? I dont believe theres any AR on the outside.. then again, if there is, I'd like to remove that anyways.

I've got a dremel - which polishing paste do you use? The red?

Red rouge is not meant to be used on steel, its made for use on precious metals like gold and silver, its been used in the jewellery trade for years. I use 3 compounds; green, blue and pink and each one has its own wheel varying in softness.