When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a non-brand automatic watch bought off the bay

db1

Hey,

just bought this watch from the bay, it's a non brand (or more like a - fantasy brand 'Louis Bolle') watch, automatic (cheap TY movement) with a tri-retrograde seconds complication (hopefully that this movement can power this up like i've seen on the tube in a vid lol)

paid for it $70 shipped international, not bad for a try of a risky complication and movement .

same watch like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOUIS-BOLLE-38-JEWEL-R...93%3A1|294%3A50

and here's a vid of the same watch with different "brand name" (vid from u tube):

(if it doesn't load first time- reload again, it will load)

what do you think?

;)

yeah, a bit odd but recently i started to steer away from my casual rep\watch taste.. i came across this one and thought that if it works it's good for the price (at $70 shipped international - it's like i've got it for about $55)

it looks a bit diff. from what i've collected to date (mostly breit, rlx, and pam reps, some vintage autos etc)

i always tried not to look at these 'fantasy brand' watches sold on the bay, but this time i thought - what the heck lets try it once :)

the thing that concerns me the most is how long the TY movement would hold with this complication added on it, i'm aware that the TY movements are good asian movement for cheap 'regular' center sweep secs watches, but with this tri-flyback complication - probably more pressure is put on the movement. (or i'm all wrong?)

advertised everywhere as having 38 jewels, not like i believe it ;) if it actually had everything properly jeweled on that complication that could be fantastic.

although the case look a bit too thick for such watch, i'll see when i'll get it probably :]