When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Two seamaster bond from Silix Swiss eta

klocklind1

Hi all

I thought that the "ultimate" seamaster bond modell was no avalible then I got thoose two from Silix the other day.

Shipped from Shanghai!!!!! not Hong kong!

Just got two omega seamaster from SILIX and I must say I am impressed with the quility of theese watches :)

NEW SWISS eta 2824-2 ( NO clones here!!!)

What do You think ??

Hi all

I thought that the "ultimate" seamaster bond modell was no avalible then I got thoose two from Silix the other day.

Shipped from Shanghai!!!!! not Hong kong!

Just got two omega seamaster from SILIX and I must say I am impressed with the quility of theese watches :)

NEW SWISS eta 2824-2 ( NO clones here!!!)

What do You think ??

Forgot the pictures!!

Forgot the pictures!!

post-8050-1242295029_thumb.jpg

I bought this exact same watch from Silix many months ago.. it came with a clone ETA movement.. the datefont on yours is not ETA, it was the same as mine.

This is now the SMP that the majority of dealers are selling, I haven't seen a SMP by a different factory being sold now for quite some time. Nevertheless its a very nice watch and IMO much better than the previous commonly available ETA SMP.

@Rolexman: The end links are multi-piece and the bracelet has screws.

Sorry but You wrong regarding the movement, it really IS a SWISS eta 2824-2 in both of the watches ( see picture!) !

I have VERY clear when I order a watch that is always IS an swiss eta! :rolleyes:

I bought this exact same watch from Silix many months ago.. it came with a clone ETA movement.. the datefont on yours is not ETA, it was the same as mine.

This is now the SMP that the majority of dealers are selling, I haven't seen a SMP by a different factory being sold now for quite some time. Nevertheless its a very nice watch and IMO much better than the previous commonly available ETA SMP.

@Rolexman: The end links are multi-piece and the bracelet has screws.

post-8050-1242305498_thumb.jpg

Woah, thanks for the movement pic, that definitely looks like a gen ETA to me. I thought it was clone because of the datefont, that isn't ETA datefont, but for some reason they transferred the datewheel used in clone ETA movements into a real ETA movement.

Did you pay extra for the ETA movement, or did you pay his web price?

No I did not pay extra but I always get pictures of the movement BEFORE he ships to me! :rolleyes:

225$ and it feels very nice and solid but You are right about the bracelet that has screws instead of pins but the pearl is better than the earlier SMP I think !!

Woah, thanks for the movement pic, that definitely looks like a gen ETA to me. I thought it was clone because of the datefont, that isn't ETA datefont, but for some reason they transferred the datewheel used in clone ETA movements into a real ETA movement.

Did you pay extra for the ETA movement, or did you pay his web price?

Damn.. you got lucky bro. I paid $240 delivered for that exact same SMP from him, but it had a clone ETA movement.

I think that this SMP is made by the same maker who makes the UPO, or the makers of the insert for the UPO and this SMP are the same, they have exactly the same pearl :)

I'm very impressed that you managed to get Swiss movements from Silix (or any dealer for that matter), without paying "through the nose! !

I used to own a Silix SMP (a year or so ago) but I was very disappointed with the dial - the waves were very flat and hardly showed at all... :angry: How are your dials?

Oh, and sorry to be "picky" but the CGs are way off...

I told Jay ( or nowadays ( John and Cassie!) that is MUST be a SWISS eta as I know it is VERY common to get a asian clone eta eaven if You have payed the extra $ for !

But I ordered the watches in the middle of february and got them now!!!

But it was worth the wait!

On his site it does not always say SWISS eta, only eta 2824 or 6497-1!

Damn.. you got lucky bro. I paid $240 delivered for that exact same SMP from him, but it had a clone ETA movement.

I think that this SMP is made by the same maker who makes the UPO, or the makers of the insert for the UPO and this SMP are the same, they have exactly the same pearl :)

Sorry but You wrong regarding the movement, it really IS a SWISS eta 2824-2 in both of the watches ( see picture!) !

I have VERY clear when I order a watch that is always IS an swiss eta! :rolleyes:

The movement looks very nice, I'm sure it's the real deal, but how do you know for sure? Do you have any tell-signs in this picture making sure it's an ETA 2824-2? I have a few 2824-2 based watches my self, the movement in all of them looks exactly like the one in your picture, but I have always been curious whether or not they vere clones or real ETA. When it comes to the A7750 it is easy, there you have the missing fine regulator for one thing, but in this one, what differs?