When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How can You split the sandwichdial on a fiddy?

klocklind1

Hi all!

Do anyone know how I take apart the sandwichdial on a fiddydial ( or just any sandwichdial !) to relume the bottom part of it!

The case is that I want to try and superlume the dial myself but do not know how to take the dial apart WITHOUT damageed it!

Would be happy fot Your advice!

Ok Thanks for that!

Is there a chance of damage the dial when You "split" the two dials? or is just glude a "little" ?? :mellow: .

Is there any "spot" on the backside one of the dials where the dial should be placed so it will be perfectly aligend ?

To take apart a sandwich dial you can take a razor blade or a thin blade (modeller blade...). The two dials are usually glued. Wear gloves to avoid fingerprints on the upper dial.

Typically, there should be a little notch cut at 3:00, which can be used for alignment of the top and bottom layers. The strength and amount of glue can vary; some dials I've had were pretty difficult to split while others required little effort. Just one of those things that you won't know until you do it.

Thanks a lot Ubi. I have some dials that I can try it on!

Typically, there should be a little notch cut at 3:00, which can be used for alignment of the top and bottom layers. The strength and amount of glue can vary; some dials I've had were pretty difficult to split while others required little effort. Just one of those things that you won't know until you do it.

Okay... I was bored and I had some stuff laying around, so I did a small pictoral...

Some sandwich dials may have alignment/press pegs and holes to not only help get everything straight, but to also help keep the two halves together:

IMG_1415.jpg

Here's what it looks like split:

IMG_1418.jpg

While I had everything apart, I decided that now would be a good time to do a little customization to the lume:

IMG_1421.jpg

And strip the dial:

IMG_1424.jpg

I was going to paint the dial a matte black, but decided to go a different route instead:

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

Yes, there is a huge thumb print etched into the surface... I thought it might bother me at first, but now I find that I don't really mind it :)

And, there you have it :)

Hope this helps!

R

Love that Dial!!!

Nice tutorial