When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 Drsd

docblackrock

Dial does indeed look like an MY. You can tell by the font and marker size. Also... Seems sometimes the ROLEX 'L' isn't always aligned under the coronet with these dials.

I'd like to know what s/n this one supposedly has; the case style and the case back certainly do not match. The case profile is consistent with an early 1665- say from '67 to '68/9 (2.1M to 2.6M). The caseback is from a later white font Sub from the mid 70's on; with that in mind, you see where I'm going with this. Yes, the caseback could have been a replacement by a service center, but keep this in mind- the case itself looks to be in too new of shape, while the caseback looks worn- the case edges seem to be a little too crisp for a watch of this age and wear (look at the condition of that caseback compared to the rest of the watch). However, any notion or thought of the case even being genuine goes right out the door when you look at those CG's. Way too tight around the crown, and too thick.

The bezel, though a bit funky, is for a 1665; the Sub's is more flat and doesn't have any step or straight angle to it's profile. So, I think the bezel is okay, but the insert is a different story.

The bracelet, end links and movement look okay... But then again, those parts aren't terribly difficult to source...