When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona Swiss Eta

dalayclass

Swiss ETA huh? What, with a crappy CN sec@6 module on it? I have strong doubts about this one. Hope I'm wrong 'cause it's a preety big LWL. Even if it is a Swiss ETA, it will still have that crappy module hung off it. What a waste of a great MVT. How do you figger 100 bucks cats? A gen 7750 is 400 to 600 bucks for a low to mid grade.

Col.

Freddy,

I think you missed the "Swiss ETA" part. That's where the price difference come in.

No, not missed, just ignored. I remain unconvinced that they are shipping these out with Swiss 7750s. And, even if they were shipping gen ETAs, there is little to be gained (beyond ease of parts replacement) by going with the Swiss over the Asian-sourced 7750 with a secs at 6 movement. The problems with these movements relate to the added gearing & not the basic movement itself. If you want something beyond the stock Daytona rep, search out the 'You can build a perfect Daytona' tutorial.

The Swiss ETA might add max. 100 usd to the price.

So still it's a hell of a lot of money for a out of the box piece.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Unless I'm mistaken, a Swiss ETA 7750 runs close to $600.....

And Col and Freddy,

I didn't say I'd buy it. I'd rather have the nonfunctioning Asian in my watch box than a non functioning Swiss.