When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

asian copy ve eta lookalikes

stretchrunner

1#...So what does it mean when you purchase and asian vs a verified eta??? (what does that mean?)

2#..since eta company is in other countries and china is replica city with the own ETA version, how does an inexperienced

replica noob know the difference?

3#..Any one have pics to show real swiss eta and copy eta and asian movements and or japan movemnts ????

or is that a play on marketing ploy....there is no such thing....japan sounds better??? ;)

1. A verified eta hopefully means it is a true eta. The copy should run about $50 less in a watch. Most of the dealers, such as the cartel, etc are probably sending you a copy movement these days.

2. The only way to tell a copy is to open the case and examine the movement. There are posts around here showing some of the noted differences- use the search feature. But it's very tricky- even experienced watch makers can be fooled.

3. Pics are all around- search. The Japanese Miyota is very rare in reps. I've bought Invictas and Charles Huberts to get that movement in a watch- the 8215.

Rep dealers who tell you it has a japanese movt, are probably scam dealers, IMO. They ship you an asian 21j (which is a copy of the Miyota 8215) and figure you won't know the difference.

To give you an example, my nephew bought the SSD last year- Super Sea-Dweller w/ purported eta. After 4-6 months he had trouble w/ it. I looked at it- little slot to depress button and remove stem was badly formed- oh- oh. Watchmaker confirms- copy movt. Nephew buys an older swiss eta on ebay and has watchmaker install it- $100 for movt, $40 to install. Watch is running fine now

There are no guarantees.

Thanks for the post here ....and taking time to give info...Boy am I slow...You have answered my ??'s

I have been looking for the buy and trade dealer's section and stumbled on it by mistake....do I feel dumb...this info has been under my nose the whole time.

even though I searched and and still found nothing...but now all is not lost...Thanks people for your patients ! :bangin: