When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for window 2003 server bootable cd

dvn

My server hard disk died on me and right now i just put in a new hard drive and i would like to do a fresh install of window 2003 server and i have a windows server 2003 cd but it doesn't boot from it.

I am really looking for a bootable cd for window 2003, can someone help? is there a way to create a bootable window 2003.

Sometimes you have to enable something called "compatability mode" in the BIOS (something to do with the hard-drive...can't remember) and then it boots...have you tried that?

I can see what I can find on torrents since we live fairly close to one another...

Do you have a W2K Bootable CD? Install that and upgrade from there! If someone sends you a bootable W2003K bootable CD, it would probably ask you for the SN of that version! Happened to me a few times! I have one and thats what it does after the install!

Is your CD a GEN? :D:p

Create a Boot Floppy Without a Windows Server 2003-Based Computer

1.) Obtain a copy of the Windows XP Setup Boot Disks for Windows XP Professional. For additional information about how to do so, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

310994 Obtaining Windows XP Setup Boot Disks

NOTE:

You must use the Windows XP Professional version of the Windows XP Setup boot disks because the Windows XP Home Edition version does not work for this procedure.

You only need the first disk in the set of six Windows XP Setup boot disks to complete this procedure.

2.) Create a copy of the Windows XP Setup boot disk by using the diskcopy command, and then delete all files on the new disk. The Windows XP Setup boot disk is the first disk in the set of six boot disks for Windows XP Professional.

3.)Copy the Ntdetect.com and Ntldr files from the I386 folder on the Windows Server 2003 CD-ROM to the new floppy disk.

4.)Rename the Ntldr file to Setupldr.bin. You must rename the Ntldr file to Setupldr.bin when you use the Windows XP Setup boot disk or you may receive the following error message:

Boot: Couldn't find NTLDR

Please insert another disk

5.) Create a Boot.ini file on the floppy disk. The following example works for a single partition SCSI drive with Windows .Server 2003 installed in the Windows folder, but the exact value in the [operating systems] section depends on the configuration of the Windows Server 2003-based computer that you want to boot:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

Default= scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows

[operating systems]

scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003"

If your computer starts from an IDE, EIDE, or ESDI hard disk, replace the scsi(0) with multi(0). For example:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003"

If you are using scsi(x) in the Boot.ini file, copy the correct device driver for the SCSI controller in use on the computer, and then rename it to Ntbootdd.sys. If you are using multi(x) in the Boot.ini file, you do not have to do this.

6.) Start your computer by using the floppy disk, and then log on to Windows Server 2003.