When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recommendations for dive watch

scotty

Hi - actually pretty close to my thinking after reflecting on this.

The Seiko's are pretty affordable and not a huge issue if something happens. All part of the learning process.....

Thanx

+1

I've had an Orange Monster for 2 years now, and it is an extraordinary value. Totally bulletproof, and my example can sit on the winder for 2 weeks and only differ from the atomic clock by 10 seconds. When buying it, I would purchase it with the steel bracelet and then also buy the rubber separately for the wrist of a 10 year old--cheaper that way, and he'll have the steel for when his wrist fills out. I got mine from an ebay user in Singapore called pokemonyu for less than $150US shipped.

Yikes.......marvelous.

BUT - it's like 46mm dia......

Been googling but can't find a smaller version........

Aaah, that's INCLUDING crown, they like to embellish ;)

Friend of mine has one and it wears like a 42mm just thicker. You'll have a job finding a similar style in a mid-size, so I'd just get it and see if he likes - as we all know, big watches are very much in vogue, so it will definitely pass the 10 year old 'cool' test. Plus he will always grow into it. A perfect 'first' watch IMO.

Considering the brief and the 'safety' aspect, him being only 10 years old, I'd seriously have a look at this....

mtd10541avef.jpg

(model no. MTD-1054)

For loose change back from 50 euros (:shock:) you really can't go wrong...

Thats a nice looking watch! If the dial had said Omega im sure most people here would want a rep of it

• 1 month later...

In the end going for a G Shock.....

He looked at some of the ones discussed.

Whilst the idea of proper diving watch and real luminosity was high in his mind, the cool factor of buttons, functions, things that spin round, and metal/plastic casing, all got the better of him.......

Chosen model GS 1100 1AER

post-3909-1246528613_thumb.jpg

What's nuts is here in Spain it's JUST released and