When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Aquaterra with the 2892 seagull mvmnt

db1

Hi,

on my (very) long journey for a watch with a different style then what i used to have (big, bulky , blingy, etc..) i'm on the look for a watch with a 'classic' look to it (not too elegant not too sporty) which has to be kind of thin and not larger then 40mm in diameter.

i came accross the Aquaterra rep, had a good reading of the threads on the board, and i've seen a few dealers offering it.

even though it's being advertised as "eta 2892-2" which is a actually a seagul copy 2892 - and the price is way up in the sky for a non-eta rep that is not chrono.

anyway i'm interested in this particular model- and the seagul 2892 is a good movement as much as i know.

how's this rep feels ? what is the overall quality? accuracy ? is it true that it is possible to make an easy swap to gen eta 8292-2 on this rep?

is it worth the money ?

here's the one i were looking at: http://www.jpc8118.com/omse10015-aqua-terr...2892-p-923.html

:)

hey thanks for the tip!

good to know about the logo issue (looks like a simple dial to source but haven't seen even one gen dial for sale on the bay yet for this model heh)

do you have the aquaterra ?

it looks comfi (10mm thick suppose to be light for a guy that is used to wear breits - and i dont have a big wrist :p )

I have the gen in hand, and in comparing it to the rep, it looks very close (size, hand length, crown case, etc). The differences are as follows

1. The omega logo is connected below rather than in the middle

2. The omega symbol/logo has upturned happy feet.

3. The case back itself is kind of a mess. The quality of the engraving is low. The serial number on the bracelet should be centered. It should not read "Seamaster." Instead it should have the anti-replication logo.

4. The color of the hands and markers look to light, though that could just be the photograph.

All things considered it is very accurate, and I'm confident that the average person would not think it is a rep. Even side by side, its a hard tell.

I had both rep and gen and they are very close aprt frome the gen was rose gold and the rep yellow, the omega wording but apart from that the rep is a VERY good watch, if you bought the rep with another name it would easily fetch $500 retail, the case was a direct 1 to 1 copy of the gen, the gen case back fitted the rep and vise versa, now here is the catch, the gen that i bought at about the same time has stopped working and has to go back to omega and i sold rep the less than 6 moths ago as far as i know that is still fine!

DSC00845.jpg

Gen left rep right

thanks for all the feedback and pics guys :)

so this specific omega rep is indeed very close to the gen (disregarding the logo issue on the dial), i really liked the gen vs. rep pics andy- now i can really see that thing with the "mega" letters and i can see the difference.

in case i wanted to source a gen dial for this, any clue?

i had seen many speedmaster and seamaster dials for pretty fair prices on the bay but i've never seen an aquaterre dial for sale before.

i believe replacing the rep dial to gen would make this rep close to perfection in terms of beauty :]