When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some shots on Pam 233 I just received :)

cougaree

Received my 233 a day ago, and I am still in the honeymoon period. :)

Is it an accurate replication? No, the gen has much different movement.

Is it beautiful as a watch? Absolutely. The smaller sized 127 like case, is very nice! The leather strap is by far the best quality rep strap I have seen.

DSCN2650bw.jpg

DSCN2651bw.jpg

DSCN2653bw.jpg

DSCN2655bw.jpg

DSCN2652bw.jpg

Does anyone know if the movement can be hand-winded?

Edited by cougaree

Here are some two lume shots I took last night. The watch has been sit out in the dark for about 5 minutes before the pictures are taken. The watch on the left is Vac made homage. The lume is not too bad, but it's certainly not as bright and as long lasting as Vac's lume, but it's ok.

DSCN2662.jpg

Edited by cougaree

lovely watch!!

Lume isn't that bad. Is the strap pliable or hard?

Where did you get this and how much?

I agree with you on the lume. Enough lume for me. The strap is very nice, it's as pliable as one of those custom straps. It's very well made, and I certain buy another one for my other homages. I bought this watch from RWG last week. If you search for "233", you will find the original ad.

I received mine recently from Seade on RWG. I think its the one that Prestige sells. It IS stunning...nice presence, MUCH better than avg. rep lume, and quick change straps. I agree, the rep leather strap is soft but like the buckle very very thin. Im shopping around for new shoes now! A couple of concerns:

- The AR: It has a pinkish/purplish hue around the edges of the dome. Im guessing thats not the case with the gen. Looks cool though...like light reflecting on an oil spill!

- The movement: My understanding is that the P.2002 3 Barrels movement isnt likely to be repped soon. It is a beauty to behold (take a look at Elisx's pics of the gen model he purchased). I asked DSN abt the movement and he seemingly had not heard of it.

- The crystal: I read in a few places that members have had suddenly exploding crystals with this model. Im not sure how to insulate against that :(

Tony

I agree with you on the buckle. It's indeed on the thin side. My strap however is not bad. I would keep it over any too thick custom straps.

Mine's AR is not very purple. I guess it's just a little bit.

Crystal, I hope it doesn't explode as I am still in love with it. :)

I received mine recently from Seade on RWG. I think its the one that Prestige sells. It IS stunning...nice presence, MUCH better than avg. rep lume, and quick change straps. I agree, the rep leather strap is soft but like the buckle very very thin. Im shopping around for new shoes now! A couple of concerns:

- The AR: It has a pinkish/purplish hue around the edges of the dome. Im guessing thats not the case with the gen. Looks cool though...like light reflecting on an oil spill!

- The movement: My understanding is that the P.2002 3 Barrels movement isnt likely to be repped soon. It is a beauty to behold (take a look at Elisx's pics of the gen model he purchased). I asked DSN abt the movement and he seemingly had not heard of it.

- The crystal: I read in a few places that members have had suddenly exploding crystals with this model. Im not sure how to insulate against that :(

Tony

what strap is on the second to right watch? mind pointing me in the right direction to buy one? thanks!

Here is my group shot... everyone less what on my wrist (an IWI Marine Diver) and ones I sent to Vac for mods. The vintage 47mm is superlumed by Vac (thanks man!)

DSCN2665.jpg

what strap is on the second to right watch? mind pointing me in the right direction to buy one? thanks!

I got it from the bay from a HongKong seller for about $70 including shipping. However, I found a similar one on Panatime for less later. The strap is at:

http://www.panatime.com/26dkbrcrlean.html

If you use RWG as the coupon code, you will save a buck or two.

Received my 233 a day ago, and I am still in the honeymoon period. :)

Is it an accurate replication? No, the gen has much different movement.

Is it beautiful as a watch? Absolutely. The smaller sized 127 like case, is very nice! The leather strap is by far the best quality rep strap I have seen.

DSCN2651bw.jpg

Does anyone know if the movement can be hand-winded?

Hey cougaree!

Does the day & night on the sec dial work? Just curious!

Guest avitt
The movement: My understanding is that the P.2002 3 Barrels movement isnt likely to be repped soon. It is a beauty to behold (take a look at Elisx's pics of the gen model he purchased). I asked DSN abt the movement and he seemingly had not heard of it.

Hmm...

Did you happen to notice the movement in this picture by pbdad? It's a shot of the parts from his small Egi from DSN... :g:

IMG_8686.jpg

recently bought a similar 233 locally here in Asia.

Scratched my crystal within 1 day of using it! Aargh! Looks like it's not sapphire crystal after all.

Notice my dial - no day/night indicator and the crystal has a purple/blue hue

233b.jpg

Mine does not have as heavy purple/blue hue as yours. Also you are right about the dial, ours are different. I wonder if mine is the second generation of yours or just simply from different makers. After a week of wearing, the crystal still has not gotten scratched yet.