When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The New World Project presents Dwelling in a Sea of Masquerade

Pre V

DRSD6of1.jpg

To put it in short: I was never really gone, same applies to the love I have for Rolexes. It was purely a fast distancing in action and am I glad to be able to bridge this widening gap.

It was about close to a nearly a decade when MBWs exploded into the replica scene, offering collectors the optional luxury of incorporating genuine parts into their classical Rolex Vintages be it 1680 Submariners or 1665 Sea-Dwellers. While this may not necessarily apply to the newer or "Neo-MBWs", the lucky ones have been blessed by the influx of such offerings into our collection.

Just take a look at Ubi's threads, read into his writings and works on vintage Rolexes and this literary experience will drive your inspirations to another frankenized dimension. Frankens or Genkens, depending on which angle you are looking from, are being built all around the world as I type this posting out.

Wherever you may be, our love to create, incorporate and gravitate assorted genuine parts to the highest level of perfection binds all of our work together, in mysteriously ways. Rolex, in particular, is a world-renowned brand with historical riches that flows down generations beyond words. Love it or hate it, with every Rolex being introduced into our world, there is bound to be a direct love-at-first-sight situation....as is happening in our Modern world.

DRSDc2of1.jpg

DRSDb2of1.jpg

The arrival of my one and only (for the time being that is) MBW took place a day ago. (Thanks Robert!) This double-red is an old-skool MBW with a Superdome Clark's tropic fitted in, and an aftermarket Bezel. Was this timepiece destined to be in possession? What would I do with it? Question is only how far I am able to go as far as percentages are concerned. A 1570 movement perhaps....my mind is spinning round and round, just as the rotor is inside of the case -- wristed at the moment.

DRSDd3of1.jpg

A comparison shot between a Z-series SD vs the MBW DRSD.

DRSDe4of1.jpg

What beholds of my Franken project dwells in the New World.....for it will be a masquerading experience....Hopefully in time, a Part II shall arise with new updates, parts and finishes. :)