When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fifty Fathoms vintage

ubiquitous

jj69-

I'm not a qualified expert on these; there are numerous variations and combinations of dials, cases, bezels, etc. out there that it would be difficult to summarize the faults and flaws across the entire FF family.

Personally, I went for the model that was most hommage and less replica. To me, the Tornek signed dial is more hommage as there isn't really a brand name associated (although the Tornek name could be considered a brand name of sorts with regards to trademark, rights to use, etc). Since I view my watch as more of a hommage, the faults and inaccuracies are non-applicable in my perspective.

Just my opinion...

I'm not a qualified expert on these; there are numerous variations and combinations of dials, cases, bezels, etc. out there that it would be difficult to summarize the faults and flaws across the entire FF family.

I understand. So I guess there are no "obvious" flaws.

I also retract my earlier statement about the crown. I did find a photo of a gen with the same crown that is used on the Davidsen. I suppose there were several variations.

jj69-

Personally, I went for the model that was most hommage and less replica. To me, the Tornek signed dial is more hommage as there isn't really a brand name associated (although the Tornek name could be considered a brand name of sorts with regards to trademark, rights to use, etc). Since I view my watch as more of a hommage, the faults and inaccuracies are non-applicable in my perspective.

Just my opinion...

yeah there are many variations on these things. I think Davidsen has done a great job. They are pretty accurate. BTW Bill Yao over at MK II has applied for the Tornek Rayville trademark. search for a link and a previous post on it

None of Davidson's reps are accurate to the gens.

Who cares?

Beautiful watches. Beautiful dials and bezels.

The only issue IMO is the thickness of the cases.

ALL these models are WAYYYY THICK. Best if you have a big wrist.

Nevertheless All his current rep models are VERY nice.

Buy one if you like them.

None of Davidson's reps are accurate to the gens.

Who cares?

Beautiful watches. Beautiful dials and bezels.

The only issue IMO is the thickness of the cases.

ALL these models are WAYYYY THICK. Best if you have a big wrist.

Nevertheless All his current rep models are VERY nice.

Buy one if you like them.

Thanks, but I did not ask "if" the Davidsen is acurrate to the gen. I asked what, specifically, is not acurrate about it. In other words, I'm looking for specifics.

When you say, "The only issue IMO is the thickness of the cases," do you mean you personally prefer a watch with a thinner case, or do you mean the gen models, in fact, had thinner cases?

Thanks, but I did not ask "if" the Davidsen is acurrate to the gen. I asked what, specifically, is not acurrate about it. In other words, I'm looking for specifics.

When you say, "The only issue IMO is the thickness of the cases," do you mean you personally prefer a watch with a thinner case, or do you mean the gen models, in fact, had thinner cases?

Right, I personally PREFER thinner cases. And yes the gen vintage FF are thick divers. Doesn't make them unwearable, obviously, just not as comfortable for folks with smaller wrists. IF I wore the watch only to dive, it would be a different story...but for daily wrist wear these models are a bit too thick for me. Main reason I quit buying most 7750's as well.

All that being said, the vintage FF reps are beautiful watches, both dial and bezel are really well crafted. Like I said, 'Buy one if you like them.'

Frankly I am looking forward to the rep version of the NEW FF, 'The Fifty Anniversary' model recently released. Talk about a nice design. And in a much thinner case than the original line of FF.