When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 movement swiss or asian copy?

samgher

I found this 7750 movement in Ebay, but i am not sure if it is original swiss made or is an asian copy. The seller says that is an original one (ETA-swiss made) but the item description indicates this hand sizes: second center hand 0,20mm, registers - chrono subdials 0,20mm (as asian copies). The ETA manufacturing specifications indicates 0,25mm for second center hand and 0,18mm for registers.

I am attaching the following pictures:

post-19620-1243881843_thumb.jpg

post-19620-1243881818_thumb.jpg

post-19620-1243881794_thumb.jpg

I will appreciate you opinions.

Looks real to me...at least by the rotor bearing being screwed on properly and the regulator. I couldn't tell you about the hand size issue. Here's the sizes we use here from another post.

Genuine ETA 7750 all variants (all)

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.25mm

Subdials 0.17mm

Old Asian 7750 version all variants(21,600 BPH)

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.25mm

Subdials 0.17mm

New Asian 7750 (28,800 BPH) Normal ones - NOT the Daytona model (don't have one to measure)

Hour 2.00mm

Minute 1.20mm

Center Seconds 0.20mm

Subdial 0.20mm

Looks real to me too.

but be aware that these movements need a full overhaul. Most time they are used for many years. And even when it is new, they are 'new old stock' which means they also need a service since all the oil is dried up.

so take into account the cost of service and installation into a watch. not just the ebay deal...

Looks real to me too.

but be aware that these movements need a full overhaul. Most time they are used for many years. And even when it is new, they are 'new old stock' which means they also need a service since all the oil is dried up.

so take into account the cost of service and installation into a watch. not just the ebay deal...

Thank you guys. I appreciate your opinions. Will inform about the quality of the movement when i receive it.