When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

MAHLER

:punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings [2009]

dreamtheaterblackclouds.jpg

1) A Nightmare To Remember Pt. 1

-- A Nightmare To Remember Pt. 2

2. A Rite of Passage

3. Wither

4. The Shattered Fortress Pt. 1

-- The Shattered Fortress Pt. 2

5. The Best of Times Pt. 1

-- The Best of Times Pt. 2

6. The Count of Tuscany Pt. 1

-- The Count of Tuscany Pt. 2

I gotta grab this one. I liked Systematic Chaos... In The Presence of Enemies part 2 is a good song. Constant Motion is embarrassing though... it sound like poor man's Metallica... they also ripped elements from Pink Floyd's Animals album in Repetance (listen to the background chorus).

I always thought DT had the potential to make an amazing album so far they haven't completely nailed it. I like them though... seen them 3 times. And those boys can definitely play... great musicians!

Maybe this time?

Dear Lord NOOOOO!! I still have nightmares about my ex girlfriend getting me to book them for my club in early to mid 90's, not once but 3 times she managed it!!??!! They are dredful, musical masterbation at it's worst!! I'm not adverse to bands showcasing what they can do, I still have a very soft spot for Rush and hell one of my best friends, Tommy Lee, is still one of the few drummers that puts on a solo, but not in every bloody song!! I still remember DT playing a song that lasted over 20 mins, 20 feckin minutes?!? I can have slept with a girl and been in a taxi home in that time!! TWICE!!! :p

Sorry Mahler, each to their own and all. I'm not saying they aren't talented, far from it, but certainly not for me!! Old school, trash rock n' roll!! Thats where its at!! ;)

Sixx :bones:

i have seen them at least 7 or 8 times, best was the first time 1993 small club, i was standing right at the stage. Also good was Queensryche, Dream Theater and King's x in teh same show.

i like constant motion actually. Some of their better music is less complicated. before Kevin (keyboards) left, the writing was in my opinion better. images and words is a genious breakthrough album, like sgt pepper, the first black sabbath album, van halen I, are you experienced,

kevin added complexity by keeping it simple. if you listen to the first 3 album, the complication wasn't about speed or complex runs, it was about using simple parts over each other which made it sound complex. Images and Words is THE best example its genious

by tor- actually they copy stuff from whoever they are into at the time, they talk about that openly. They toured with U2 a couple albums ago and they came out with a song that sounds exactly like a U2 song - walk beside you

they are very open about influences, they don't take themselves to seriously, one reason they have been around together so long. i've met portnoy and petrucci, both guys that are very cool and layed back.

latest keyboard player jordan, plays amazing, writing is only a b- though

coolest dream theater band thing i ever did - i had a band that had keyboard and guitar chops to handle DT so we played the solo section to take the time in the middle of "whippin post" it was seamless, wish i had a recording of it. they are in the same key :)