When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swine Flu

KB

Lani, glad to see your doc played it by the book re the CXR and azithro as per my email. Remember what I also told you about the 3-day vs 5-day thing, well just don't expect miracles in 72 hours ok. Also as stubborn as you are, you seriously need to give yourself a couple of weeks' proper rest and recovery. Get yourself well soon ;)

Thanks S. ... My Doc gave me the choice of Xray.. I took it.. I like to know 100 what I'm dealing with..

it was either the 3 day or 10 day antibiotic.. but sine the 3 day Azithro.. will stay in my system for up to 10 day's .. I thought that was all good..

my concern now is "scar tissue" .. if there is any .. will the rest of the lung step up ? scar tissue in muscle can be broken down.. I don't believe the lung is so fortunate ??

A~C

R

Thanks S. ... My Doc gave me the choice of Xray.. I took it.. I like to know 100 what I'm dealing with..

it was either the 3 day or 10 day antibiotic.. but sine the 3 day Azithro.. will stay in my system for up to 10 day's .. I thought that was all good..

my concern now is "scar tissue" .. if there is any .. will the rest of the lung step up ? scar tissue in muscle can be broken down.. I don't believe the lung is so fortunate ??

A~C

R

Depends how aggressive the pneumo infection was. Scarring should show up on the film, so that's the first thing to check with your doc. Even if you do have scarring, it is not a progressive state, and if anything it will usually lessen with time once normal lung function is restored.

And that's exactly the reason I said you MUST take it VERY easy over the next few weeks.... particularly re. aerobic time in the gym. And since this thread is about airborne/contact infections, it's probably best to avoid the place anyway for a while - probably the biggest biohazard zone outside your local hospital.

Your lungs need time to heal. Weight can be lost, muscle tone regained, but healthy lung tissue cannot be regrown. Not yet at any rate.