When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help: Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL Chrono

zaazaa

Here's my sad situation. ;) I got started on reps a month ago, and planned on ordering a few low cost models. Of course, the few I landed on had crappy low end versions...

The Chopard Mille Chrono was my favorite (tried on the Gen dammit!).

168459-3001.jpg

The low end version face is nothing like the gen:

1908-27100_sml1.jpg

So I'm stuck with a $300+ option:

CP-MM-GTXL-CHRONO-02.JPG

http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?pro...cture_id=980027 (I got quoted better, but still +300)

I found this rep version, but I can't find the gen counterpart and am guessing it's either fantasy or an older model. Anyone know?:

400CHP_012_Grand_Turismo_XL.jpg

I've done a ton of research, but mainly for the non-chrono which I originally planned to get.

Now that I'm close to spending all this money on one, can those of you in the know give me advice?:

What to look out for?

Is this rep worth it? (convince me it isn't!!! :D )

Lower cost option I've missed?

I've heard it can be loud! Really a big issue?

Auto/Quartz/etc...

Thanks a million,

J

or you could get the Limited Edition like the one I'm wearing today:

mmxl.jpg

If you want the non-chrono, check rhack1's version on the HumpDay wristcheck today!

That's one of the best REP of that model and is sold by most of the dealers here!

BTW: Most low cost version are not worth it! You gonna end up selling them in a couple of months!

Best thing to do is troll the FS going on here and you might pick up a great deal!

Good Luck!

HikeUSA, your photo is wonderful...may I ask, which dealer did you use for your Mille Miglia LTD?

buy the best versions...it's definitely worth the cost...on all fronts...

i have both the non-chrono (white dial) and the limited edition chrono (gray dial) - same as Hike's...(he's my hero?!)

the limited edition one has a lot of rwg press -- so search it out...

you may also want to post a WTB for a member sale...i pounced on both of mine thru member sales and received great ones...

below are links of both versions...there's a link to the FS on the chrono limited edition i bought...the post is loaded with excellent detailed pictures of this model...(thanks, Mickey)...of note -- pay attention to how the color of the subdial rings change hue with different lighting and angles...

i have to end this with -- i love both version i own...they have different personalities...do plan to put on a different strap, tho...they look great on dark brown sport leather straps...

enjoy...R

Chrono Limited Edition pix in this post...

Non-Chrono White dial pix in this post...

HikeUSA, your photo is wonderful...may I ask, which dealer did you use for your Mille Miglia LTD?

Right here: http://www.jpc8118.com/cp02001-mile-miglia...211-p-4295.html

but mine was purchased from one of our members here and was modded with double AR and movement service! Mine was tested to

10ATM Water Resistance! Good enough for diving!

and as rhack1 said, buy the best....specially if you plan to keep it!

Thanks thanks thanks everyone. Helpful feedback, and the pics are great.

I'm afraid the better version (especially of this watch) would be the way to go. I think I would have been ok with the lower version of the "non-chrono" (I think ) because it's fairly close.

But I made the brilliant move of trying on the Gen of both, and fell in love with the chrono. If the reps going on my wrist of that watch, it needs to look and feel like the gen.

Thanks again - glad to hear there are no big issues with it, so now I just need to pull the trigger.

:D

Thanks thanks thanks everyone. Helpful feedback, and the pics are great.

I'm afraid the better version (especially of this watch) would be the way to go. I think I would have been ok with the lower version of the "non-chrono" (I think ) because it's fairly close.

But I made the brilliant move of trying on the Gen of both, and fell in love with the chrono. If the reps going on my wrist of that watch, it needs to look and feel like the gen.

Thanks again - glad to hear there are no big issues with it, so now I just need to pull the trigger.

:D

Goodluck!

Thanks for reply, Hike.

Your photo captures the beauty and complexity of the watch so well...it's made me a future owner.

Vanilla smell?

I've heard mention that some of the reps come with the vanilla infused smell (read once it hangs around long, once read it didn't).

Does anyone know if the cheaper versions come with the vanilla smell (like the non-chrono or the etched versions)? Just curious.

Did the more expensive chrono you have, and what did you think of it?

Thanks

Vanilla smell?

I've heard mention that some of the reps come with the vanilla infused smell (read once it hangs around long, once read it didn't).

Does anyone know if the cheaper versions come with the vanilla smell (like the non-chrono or the etched versions)? Just curious.

Did the more expensive chrono you have, and what did you think of it?

Thanks

Hi Zaazaa,

Got myself the 2007 lim. ed. and yesssss... it has a vanilla smell, still quite strong after about 3 months.

Also got the cheaper version of the GT XL, creme face. Also tyre-profile strap, but stiffer and no smell. Still prefer the smooth "expensive" strap though...

Stan

Hi Zaazaa,

Got myself the 2007 lim. ed. and yesssss... it has a vanilla smell, still quite strong after about 3 months.

Also got the cheaper version of the GT XL, creme face. Also tyre-profile strap, but stiffer and no smell. Still prefer the smooth "expensive" strap though...

Stan

Damn you Stan! I was afraid of that. If only the difference in price was $100 and not $200. All and all worth it I guess, but damn you still! ;)

But really - thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried removing the black ink in the "Chopard" logo on the clasp?

How can I safely do that without damaging the stainless steel finish?

thanks

Damn you Stan! I was afraid of that. If only the difference in price was $100 and not $200. All and all worth it I guess, but damn you still! ;)

But really - thanks!