When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch won't start after regulating

Hey, a pretty new Narikaa's PO. with a 21j asian movement (2813). Tried to regulate it (it was almost a minute/day fast), and after closing the case back it just doesn't start again. Im pretty sure its fully winded (I can hear the spring noise). Is there something else I need to do?

I've noticed that before I moved the little arm that regulated the time, there was a small wheel behind it moving (even at set time position) and now it doesn't move anymore?

Is the watch dead? Or can I do something here?

Thanks a lot...

Ok, small update. I moved that arm back to where it was (even further back), and gave a little push to the tiny wheel. and the watch is working again.

2 problems though:

It's now faster than before, gaining a second almost every minute.

When I push the crown out to set time mode, after setting it back, I need to shake the watch a bit to make it move again.

What, in my noob opinion, happened is that I did move the right arm, but also accidentally touched the tiny wheel and made it stop. the reason the watch is faster than before, is because the arm is now at a "faster" position than before, instead of a "slower" position. Does it make sense to you, or am I talking non-sense?

Thank you all, again.

EDIT: After looking at the tutorial again, I'm positive that I only touched the right arm (and maybe the wheel behind it). Should I try again to regulate?

EDIT 2: I don't know if that info helps, but apparently I only need to shake it when its on set mode a long time. If it's only a couple of seconds it's fine.

Edited by kramerica2

Take it to someone who:

1) Knows how to properly regulate and adjust beat

2) Has the proper equipment to check beat rate

This will yield the best results, and should not cost much to do. If you are interested in learning, ask if you can watch as they make these adjustments.