When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6.75 Vs. SA...Advice needed...purchasing tomorrow 6/5

chompawompa

Purchasing a Breitling this week from the best dealer EVER, Sead!

I am looking to get a 6.75 in white or a SA in white, both on SS bracelet. Just want some advice on what watch will need what mods. I spoke with Dave123 and got some advice from him but just wanted to reach out one last time before making my final decision.

Both watches are going to be serviced right away. What other things should I get done?

I know the 6.75 needs the AR, lume, service. How is the SS bracelet on it and the dial? close to gen?

The SA will need service and lume right? AR is already good I hear. I have read the dial isnt to great and bracelet is cheap. So for this I will need to do a gen dial and bracelet to make a really good rep but its going to be expensive. Anything else needed on the SA? is Brcelet really that bad?

With all the correct mods on a 6.75 will it turn out to get a good rep and close to gen? Does it need gen bracelet to make it a good rep like the SA? W

Any advice on these 2 watches would be much appreciated!! Thanks RWG!

Edited by chompawompa

I love my SA, and I want a 6.75...

I hear the SA wears very big, while the 6.75's size is comparable to the SA, it isn't as tall. Get the SA, then in a couple months get the 6.75!

By the way I got mine in black, and have wanted the white ever since i got it...

Use cape cod cloths on the bracelet, oil it and lightly tap the connections...it makes the bracelet feel INFINATELY better!

-Ricardo

It really depends on your eye for detail, and how much you're willing to spend. The SA is a great rep visually. The 6.75 will always be off because of the movement...with the 30s chrono.

Nope, the gen 6.75 also has a regular 60s chrono.

As I stated on RG, the SA is closer to gen, but the 6.75 is beter quality, very well made. The SA lacks small fine details on the dial, whereas the 6.75 is still perfect even with a magnifier.

Greetz.

There has been a few complaints on the board about the white dial on the SA. After a few months it seems to take on a sirt of creamy/yellowy colour, which on a Rolex would be great, a nice patina to give it that vintage look. Not so great on a SA after a few months however.

I don't know how wide spread the problem is, it could have just been a few dodgy dials or a dodgy batch and we haven't heard of them all. I personally love the black dial one, there is an ultimate version that kinda cleans the dial up a bit, not so many glaring annoying bits.

Good luck which ever one you get bud, I'm sure it will be a stunner!!

Sixx :bones:

I recently got a 6.75. The dial is very good, virtually flawless. There are three tells so far as I know on the outside of the watch. First, the chrono second hand is a little too short. Second, the date is too sunken compared to the gen. Third, the cap for the slide-rule gears on the side of the case is too high.

It has the correct 60s chronograph, it's the Motors that is supposed to have the 30s chrono.

The Speed bracelet it came with looks good but was too stiff to wear when I got it by a long shot. I'm wearing it on the moo-croc deployment strap I got, and I'll put it on the bracelet when I've oiled it up to see which I prefer.

The lume on the hour and minute hands is much brighter than on my BCE, but the lume on the hour markers is useless.

It only has a light AR coating on the inside so it doesn't have the disappearing dial that a gen does (at least not from an angle) but I'll fix that by getting it re-coated.

The movement is much smoother than my BCE, but there's no quick set date so far as I can tell, it seems to be wither in 'wind' or 'set time' mode, with nothing in-between. Not sure if that's correct for the gen or not.