When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Repair or replace?

chompers66

I've got a Swiss version Planet Ocean that I bought from Josh a couple of years ago. About a month ago the crown would no longer screw back in (a common problem with this watch, as I understand it).

I love the look and feel of this watch, but I don't know where I should go to get this fixed, or how much it would cost. I don't want to plug a bunch of money into this that could go towards a replacement. How much should this repair cost? Should I get it fixed?

- Josh

Chomps - sorry to hear about the PO, but yes, the stripped threading has been a big issue. Get some gen parts and as the Zigmeister pointed out -$100 for the parts and install.

If you want to spend little money, have someone cut the length of the stem down so that the crown sits close to the case.

If you want a genuine crown and tube installed, it's around $100 or so for the parts and install.

I just sent my watch to the Zigmeister himself to cut the crown down and get a lume job done.

I am sure that this would be the most worthwhile thing if you want to keep your watch long term as I do.

Cheers,

t200