When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vc Regulator

eLiNK

eLink: I always wondered if it's easy to read a regulateur. That big minute-hand without the hour-hand does seem counter-intuitive. :blink:

It's like with FM crazy hours.

it takes some getting used to.

You can wear a brick (PAM) on your hand to draw attention to you

or you can go with something exquisite.:p

eLink: I always wondered if it's easy to read a regulateur.

I understand that originally "regulateurs" were wall clocks that were installed in watchmaking workshops, so that the watchmakers could easily and accurately set time on their watches. The regulateur layout ensures that the hour and minute hands are never in conflict, so accurate timesetting of a workpiece is ensured.

And yes, from experience and use, I can asure you that reading a regulateur becomes instinctive, within a few moments of strapping one on one's wrist. Those first few moments grow into minutes as you gaze upon the beauty of the timepiece... you may not know what time it is - but you look at your watch several times each minute. And sigh...

I understand that originally "regulateurs" were wall clocks that were installed in watchmaking workshops, so that the watchmakers could easily and accurately set time on their watches. The regulateur layout ensures that the hour and minute hands are never in conflict, so accurate timesetting of a workpiece is ensured.

And yes, from experience and use, I can asure you that reading a regulateur becomes instinctive, within a few moments of strapping one on one's wrist. Those first few moments grow into minutes as you gaze upon the beauty of the timepiece... you may not know what time it is - but you look at your watch several times each minute. And sigh...

i have one of these from josh with the diamond bezel and you are right. i look at all of the time just to see it's beauty. not to tell the time. it's alittle light but it is beautiful and it works perfectly. i would like to have a nice strap for mine but i don't know where to get one with the correct buckle. any ideas????

Those first few moments grow into minutes as you gaze upon the beauty of the timepiece... you may not know what time it is - but you look at your watch several times each minute. And sigh...

How true.

I put the watch on a watch stand by my bed.

It's the last thing I saw before turning in and the first when I woke up. :lol:

Undescribable feeling.

What is the correct buckle?
lol, i wasn't very clear about that was i? the buckle that is on the rep band. it is correct for the watch. do you send the band to a strap maker and let them make a strap and use your buckle? or can you buy a strap with same buckle from somewhere?

lol, i wasn't very clear about that was i? the buckle that is on the rep band. it is correct for the watch. do you send the band to a strap maker and let them make a strap and use your buckle? or can you buy a strap with same buckle from somewhere?

I normally buy general straps (look in the links section) and if the rep buckle is of good quality I replace the buckle on th new strap with the rep buckle (you'll need a spring bar tool).

You just need to make sure you order straps of correct size and length.

Haven't seen VC buckles sold anywhere.

There're not many watches from VC made of steel so the buckle would be very very pricey.