When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone own a BCE White V3?

b16a2

I am considering making a purchase on the V3 white BCE. I am just wondering if anyone has one and could comment on the dial colour. Notice they have updated the datefont, and taken the tick away on the top subdial after the 10 (one step forward, one step back as per usual :) )

Here is the link, and a picture attached below - http://www.jpc8118.com/bl10082-chronomat-e...800-p-6263.html

1.jpg

There's a better version already. This is the V4 BTW.

http://www.jpc8118.com/0107a-p-6305.html

This is the V5, it has the tick after 10. This dial is perfect.

V4 and V5? Its just a white dial BCE with the updated datewheel. The one with the leather strap is too, surely they're just V3's? I must be getting old, this whole V labelling system seems to be getting out of hand now lol

I wonder if I buy the bracelet version whether it will come with the tick like on the leather strap....I can't imagine they would make two separate dials for the same watch..... :g:

This tick thing confuses me. If they put the tick after the 10 marker it makes that part of the subdial totally different to the rest of the subdial. Every number marker has 3 ticks after it, but if you put the extra one after the 10 it suddenly has 4 ticks rather than 3 the same as the others!

Does the gen have uneven numbers or it a cosmetic thing with the space after the 10 when the tick isn't there?!

Sixx :bones:

The gen has the tick as well.

V1:

dark hands

no ar

crappy pearl

bad engravings

wrong datefont

no tick after 10

BUT: correct length minute markers at 14,16,29,31,44,46

V2:

good hands

double AR

good pearl + engravings

better datefont (still no good though)

tick after 10

This one has the best Breitling rep bracelet ever made

BUT: incorrect length minute markers at 14,16,29,31,44,46

V3:

specs same as V2, BUT:

perfect datefont

NEGATIVE:

incorrect length minute markers at 14,16,29,31,44,46

Crooked "B" between the wings on the Breitling logo

V4:

same specs as V3, BUT:

no crooked logo

correct length minute markers at 14,16,29,31,44,46

NEGATIVE:

no tick after 10

V5:

Everything perfect.

Hope this clears things up :)

Edited by yodap

Unfortunately, with this supposed V5 they have mistakenly placed that little tick. It's too far from the 10. It should be right after is, not a big gap like that.

Im not too fussed what version the watch is, it comes from the same factory a the V3 whatever version it is. Im mainly concerned about the dial colour.

The gen has the tick as well.

V1:

dark hands

no ar

crappy pearl

bad engravings

wrong datefont

no tick after 10

BUT: correct length minute markers at 14,16,29,31,44,46

V2:

good hands

double AR

good pearl + engravings

better datefont (still no good though)

tick after 10

This one has the best Breitling rep bracelet ever made

BUT: incorrect length minute markers at 14,16,29,31,44,46

V3:

specs same as V2, BUT:

perfect datefont

NEGATIVE:

incorrect length minute markers at 14,16,29,31,44,46

Crooked "B" between the wings on the Breitling logo

V4:

same specs as V3, BUT:

no crooked logo

correct length minute markers at 14,16,29,31,44,46

NEGATIVE:

no tick after 10

V5:

Everything perfect.

Hope this clears things up :)

Come on dude! Stop talking crap! This was already discussed before. There is no such thing as a perfect V5. If there is provide me a link and I will donate 20 bucks to RWG!

In essence there are only two (2) versions of the BCE as there are only 2 manufacturers: The V1 and V2. Both had some upgrades (and some QC issues) over time but they still can easily be distinguished.

V1 vs V2

Deeper bezel and rider tab engravements on the V1 than the V2

Curve of the lugs on the V1 are steeper than the curve on the V2

The V1 has beveled chrono pusher sleeves, the V2 doesn't

The embossed logo on the case back is less pronounced on the V1 than on the V2

The V1 has the 'b' on the side of the bezel etched instead of stamped on the V2

End link cut outs are more bend on the V1 than on the V2

V1 has the missing tick, V2 doesn't

V1 has Frensh clasp engravements instead of English on the V2

The pic b16a2 provided is of a V1 with updated double AR, silver hands, new date font.... that's it! Overal it's still less accurate than the V2, even with the upgrades.

PS: In regards to the dial colour... it's often hard to tell from dealer pics but the live pics I've seen of the white V1 version came closest to the gen. The V2 is too white and the V1 (missing tick) is more creamy. The gen is more creamy/ zilver. Here's a pic I took of the gen againt a white paper background.

254073-6753.jpg

Come on dude! Stop talking crap! This was already discussed before. There is no such thing as a perfect V5. If there is provide me a link and I will donate 20 bucks to RWG!

In essence there are only two (2) versions of the BCE as there are only 2 manufacturers: The V1 and V2. Both had some upgrades (and some QC issues) over time but they still can easily be distinguished.

V1 vs V2

Deeper bezel and rider tab engravements on the V1 than the V2

Curve of the lugs on the V1 are steeper than the curve on the V2

The V1 has beveled chrono pusher sleeves, the V2 doesn't

The embossed logo on the case back is less pronounced on the V1 than on the V2

The V1 has the 'b' on the side of the bezel etched instead of stamped on the V2

End link cut outs are more bend on the V1 than on the V2

V1 has the missing tick, V2 doesn't

V1 has Frensh clasp engravements instead of English on the V2

The pic b16a2 provided is of a V1 with updated double AR, silver hands, new date font.... that's it! Overal it's still less accurate than the V2, even with the upgrades.

PS: In regards to the dial colour... it's often hard to tell from dealer pics but the live pics I've seen of the white V1 version came closest to the gen. The V2 is too white and the V1 (missing tick) is more creamy. The gen is more creamy/ zilver. Here's a pic I took of the gen againt a white paper background.

254073-6753.jpg

Sorry, but you're wrong. The V3 comes from a different factory than the V1 / V2. I believe the V4/V5 are updated V1s** with correct DW, D-AR, hands and dial.

That's sure.

Edit: **I'm still not sure, and we can't state that this is true until somebody buys one.

Edited by yodap

Sorry, but you're wrong. The V3 comes from a different factory than the V1 / V2. I believe the V4/V5 are updated V1s** with correct DW, D-AR, hands and dial.

That's sure.

Edit: **I'm still not sure, and we can't state that this is true until somebody buys one.

I owned almost all versions and I'm sure ;)

The concentric pattern on the gen dial is the exact same pattern I have on my V1 blue dial BCE, that's no light trick.

I owned almost all versions and I'm sure ;)

OK, but I guess you don't have a V4 or a V5, so we can't state it's the same caseset as the V1. It might be similar, someone should buy one and see if the crown thread is visible or not. As for the V3, it's from a different factory. That's a fact if you take a closer look at the dial, bracelet etc. That was stated hundreds of times, and that's why users swap the V3 bracelets and dials for V2 ones. If it came from the same factory, they would have used the better dial and bracelet I guess...

I haven't owned any BCEs till now, so my descriptions are based on the comments on the forums and on the pictures posted here.

Have a good day :)

The noob factor in this thread is getting to high! :1: As stated above there are only 2 manufaturers of the BCE (high-end that is). I was told this first hand. Draw your own conclusions.....

The gen has indeed cocentric circles on the dial, as do both rep versions of the BCE. However on the V1 more noticeable than on the V2 . It has a lot to do with the lighting and the way it hits the dial.

I still say there are 3 factories...

V1

V2

V3

If you ran the V2 factory, would you create a crap dial and a crap bracelet for a new version? Or would you just use the perfect ones? I would...

Well I owned all three so please don't be naive.

The guy who runs the V2 factory only updated the date wheel. He didn't create a new dial or bracelet. It

OK, I have to believe you if you have owned all the three models, as I didn't own any BCEs. I'm just judging by the web pics and the reviews.

BTW all the V3 dials are messed up. Posted pics of the V2 and V3 wings next to each other on RG, but I just can't find it right now. It's the same for the bracelet.

Greetz.