When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calendar idea... cover pic/idea comp...

I was editing some photos for work and grabbed some pics that I took today with a quick setup on the kitchen counter playing with reflectors (damn I need a soft box, I hate fluorescent lights :( ). Image is an up-rez so have lost some sharpness/clarity, but I'm just playing with ideas at this point. The font I used is a little off, but with a little tweaking I was able to get it pretty close. I'd do this with each brand represented.

I'm working on a Calendar idea featuring our favorite reps. Getting them printed is surprisingly cheap and I could put it together with pics you guys send to me of your best reps with specs (specs printed to the side of the full-page image). The Calendar would be uploaded to a site where you can click on it and have it printed and sent to you... just a thought.

312g02a.jpg

Um the calendar idea is what led to the current photo comps being run by Lani, he intends to use some of the enteries to go towards the RWG calendar.

Ken

Yeah... I just saw that. I would like to focus on Panerai and folks would go to one of the sites where the calendar has been uploaded and they can order one for approx. $7-9 (no money going to me). It's then shipped to them. Several other hobby related forums I frequent have done a similar thing with Calendars. I'm not intending to step on anybody's toes here.

I don't feel what I've proposed impedes or in any way interferes with what Lani is doing. The scope of what he is doing is much broader than my project of which his Calendar is but one of several goals.

If what I'm proposing is deemed inappropriate then I defer to the mods judgement and will no longer mention my idea.

there's nothing wrong with what you are doing. maybe you could even work with lani on the rwg calendar? you seem keen ... and two heads are always better than one. to be completely honest, i think a less formal contest or a simple picture request would peak more interest. good luck and keep us posted with any progress!