When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2nd Rolex purchase a bust what should I do

Coeuss

Ok guys I purchased the noonmariner what 2 weeks ago and it had a bad movement. Was told to send it back. Last week I decided to buy a Z series. I wrote the dealer and even put in the comments section please make sure the movement works and that you QC it after the last bad purchase. Got the Sub today movement works great but when looking at it I noticed the six o'clock marker is about 2mm off. How do you guys think I should respond now? My $79 Invicta Sub was built better than this $240 one. I'm sending this from my phone so I'll upload a pic later

Ok guys I purchased the noonmariner what 2 weeks ago and it had a bad movement. Was told to send it back. Last week I decided to buy a Z series. I wrote the dealer and even put in the comments section please make sure the movement works and that you QC it after the last bad purchase. Got the Sub today movement works great but when looking at it I noticed the six o'clock marker is about 2mm off. How do you guys think I should respond now? My $79 Invicta Sub was built better than this $240 one. I'm sending this from my phone so I'll upload a pic later

Send it back and push for a refund... Wait til you see a nice one for sale by a member and jump on it.

Who was the dealer?

I'm doing some research before I put his name out there. My colleague from work purchased the same 16610 Z but from another dealer. I want to make sure it's not a factory flaw that's the same for them all no matter which dealer you go to. I will say that the other dealer whom my buddy purchased his from QC's all shipments. So I'll post again tomorrow. Thanks for the support. I can live with the little flaws it's the glaring obvious ones that drive me nuts

I'm doing some research before I put his name out there. My colleague from work purchased the same 16610 Z but from another dealer. I want to make sure it's not a factory flaw that's the same for them all no matter which dealer you go to. I will say that the other dealer whom my buddy purchased his from QC's all shipments. So I'll post again tomorrow. Thanks for the support. I can live with the little flaws it's the glaring obvious ones that drive me nuts

QC is a farce....You buy your watch and take your chances.

I only deal with Josh and I just got my noobmariner, I must say he is amazing. Fast service, always answers my emails and the watches have all been top notch no issues they have all been running when I open the package and if he doesn't check them before they go out my luck has been fantastic as my watches are stellar.

Even gens have problems. But the reason your Invicta is better is due to the fact they are a real watch company. They don't dropship everything. They actually see the product they are selling. For every one like yours there are 50 with straight markers but bad movements. Or good movements and markers but stripped crowns. If dealers stopped selling watches based on that then we'd lose half the models that are sold. As houndoggie said you have to take your chances. You might be better off also doing what he said and looking in the sales section.

QC? This is still a big question how many dealers do actually check before shipping. I won't even counting one finger amongst all. Sorry to say.

If you get your watch arrived in perfect working and cosmetic conditions, you are simply very lucky. But so far I have not received a single watch falls in this category yet, or maybe I am just too picky.

LOL Chief,

I realized today not every purchase was going to be perfect I was just angry at my first brush with bad luck twice. Up until this point Ive been lucky with about 11 reps that have been almost perfect with no glaring mistakes. I compared my classic 16610 with that of my buddy who ordered from the dealer that QC and we noticed 3 things 1. the bezels on both didnt line up properly and 2. the divers clasp on both came delivered with short pins that didnt stretch to the other side. That was on both watches. The third thing we noticed was that his dial markers were properly aligned and mine were not. So there you have it. I don't know if he was just lucky or his dealer actually did what he said he does which is QC. In the end I said screw it . I'm not going to send it back, I will however send back the M series noob as the movement is wonky and skips. So I guess what Im trying to say is I'm too tired to deal with this anymore. I guess as long as it doesnt look like I just purchased it at Aloha stadium (for Lani who knows what Im talking about)or down on canal street or if the movement isnt DOA then I guess it is what it is. Thanks guys. Ill post a pic when I can . Coe

Edited by Coeuss

LOL Chief,

I realized today not every purchase was going to be perfect I was just angry at my first brush with bad luck twice. Up until this point Ive been lucky with about 11 reps that have been almost perfect with no glaring mistakes. I compared my classic 16610 with that of my buddy who ordered from the dealer that QC and we noticed 3 things 1. the bezels on both didnt line up properly and 2. the divers clasp on both came delivered with short pins that didnt stretch to the other side. That was on both watches. The third thing we noticed was that his dial markers were properly aligned and mine were not. So there you have it. I don't know if he was just lucky or his dealer actually did what he said he does which is QC. In the end I said screw it . I'm not going to send it back, I will however send back the M series noob as the movement is wonky and skips. So I guess what Im trying to say is I'm too tired to deal with this anymore. I guess as long as it doesnt look like I just purchased it at Aloha stadium (for Lani who knows what Im talking about)or down on canal street or if the movement isnt DOA then I guess it is what it is. Thanks guys. Ill post a pic when I can . Coe

Here it is taken with my iphone Ill upload more later

post-10162-1244853282_thumb.jpg