When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DeepSea v5

Velasco

Hi all,

this is allegedly the "ultimate" version from the cartel. I say allegedly because this is v5. But, correct me if I'm wrong, this v5 is different from Eurotimez v5. Have a look at the (not) beveled window and the pearl.

Some pics...

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

Any comment from the experts would be greatly appreciated!

V.

VERY Nice piece.

The Date Window is suppose to be beveled.

misconception.. the date window on the genuine is not beveled it's a 2 piece fused dial ergo the date window is a step window like that of the 9411 tudor date window, i posted a macro close up in another thread.

A~C

Lani

Its a beautiful piece. I have really gone over for the Deep SeaDweller myself as of late. I have a real need for a Sub no date, or a SeaDweller rep, BUT that DSSD is growing on my by the day. Hmmm choices choices....

It's not a V5. By the shape of the case near the CGs, the dial, and the insert font & cloudy pearl, it's a V3 with the V4/V5 crystal.

Thanks Gio. I guess the Eurotimez v5 and the cartel v5 are not the same version. Maybe even the version concept does not apply here.

The significant difference with the cartel "ultimate" is the case construction. The older reps all had a one piece case with no real pressure ring, it was all just moulded into the case. The Ultimate has the pressure ring as a true separate part.