When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 6263 question

bluebite

Exactly. I just pulled the trigger on a 7750DW hoping that I'll be able to source a V72 (and a gen dial!) some day...

You will probably not be able to use the DW 7750 case for the V72 because of the way it is machined on the inside. Although you can get a case that has not been machined from DW as well. I hope to have my DW 7750 up and running soon. I will continue to be on the look out for a deal on a V72 movement.

You will probably not be able to use the DW 7750 case for the V72 because of the way it is machined on the inside. Although you can get a case that has not been machined from DW as well. I hope to have my DW 7750 up and running soon. I will continue to be on the look out for a deal on a V72 movement.

What is exteriorly the difference from a DW 6263 with 7750 and one with V72??

That's bad news, I thought they were compatible. Oh well.

You will probably not be able to use the DW 7750 case for the V72 because of the way it is machined on the inside.

The same case is used for both the 7750 & 72 movements, but you would probably need to reshape (with a Dremel or similar tool) the inside of the case to fit the other movement.

The same case is used for both the 7750 & 72 movements, but you would probably need to reshape (with a Dremel or similar tool) the inside of the case to fit the other movement.

Freddy can chime in to correct me if needed but it was my understanding that the 7750 movement even with the rotor removed is thicker than the V72 movement. That means that some of the rehault is ground away to accommodate the the movement. A gen 6263 would have a deeper rehault. This is issue is another inconsistency with the gen unless you get case specifically made for the v72 (one that has not been modded for a movement) You best bet would be to keep the 7750 version until you are ready with all the parts for a v72 and then sell the 7750 version and get a new case.

Freddy can chime in to correct me if needed but it was my understanding that the 7750 movement even with the rotor removed is thicker than the V72 movement. That means that some of the rehault is ground away to accommodate the the movement. A gen 6263 would have a deeper rehault. This is issue is another inconsistency with the gen unless you get case specifically made for the v72 (one that has not been modded for a movement) You best bet would be to keep the 7750 version until you are ready with all the parts for a v72 and then sell the 7750 version and get a new case.

Thanks for cheering me up. I'll do just that for the moment.

Will keep you posted when I receive my Spinmaster DW

The DW rehaut issue has been discussed in numerous posts (you can search them out if you wish), but I will just say that I have had to mod the rehaut in 2 V72 DW cases to get the V72 to fit properly. There is a good deal of dimensional variability with DW cases (all of them), which leaves fitting a particular movement something of a hit-or-miss affair. This is why I always tell people to go for the pre-assembled 7750 version. The 7750s come with deeper casebacks to accommodate the 7750's taller profile. When fitting a V23/V72 (or removing the 7750's auto-wind module), you should fit the shallower caseback.

The DW rehaut issue has been discussed in numerous posts (you can search them out if you wish), but I will just say that I have had to mod the rehaut in 2 V72 DW cases to get the V72 to fit properly. There is a good deal of dimensional variability with DW cases (all of them), which leaves fitting a particular movement something of a hit-or-miss affair. This is why I always tell people to go for the pre-assembled 7750 version. The 7750s come with deeper casebacks to accommodate the 7750's taller profile. When fitting a V23/V72 (or removing the 7750's auto-wind module), you should fit the shallower caseback.

Agreed, My 7750 version has the shallower case back and the rotor removed. I am also having the auto wind mechanism removed for better winding and durability.

I can't wait! Why are not there anymore DW 6263 on our selling section?? I lost a lot of deals! especially V72 at great prices!!!!

Damn!

Simple - the cost of entry is high.

Some people prefer more modern looking watches with sapphire crystals. The v72 versions can require a lot of work and headaches. The 7750 versions require service, replace the crystal, tube and crown. That is unless you get one from Spinmaster. All of this is a headache and it drives the price up as well.