When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DLC vs PVD

paneristi

I am currently in a dilemma of choosing between a 2 pams a pvd destro 217 or a ultimate fiddy (both from dsn). I have read some good reviews of dsn s pvd. however i m tempted to go for a fiddy and get it dlced. pls let me know who offers the dlc service and how much i need to expect to pay for this.

thanx

I am currently in a dilemma of choosing between a 2 pams a pvd destro 217 or a ultimate fiddy (both from dsn). I have read some good reviews of dsn s pvd. however i m tempted to go for a fiddy and get it dlced. pls let me know who offers the dlc service and how much i need to expect to pay for this.

thanx

DLC is better, but it will cost you 300 to 600 dollars (for getting your watch dlced).

thx for your information. I have just contacted avitt regarding this. I am going to start an amazing projet which whill use dsn 111h as a base including its metal bracelet and get the whole dlced. pls advise whether i need to do any mods on dsn 111h before doing the expensive dlc treatment. I am expecting the whole project to cost 900 including watch. lets hope i can realize the project and post some nice picture with my samsung gx20 ;))

DLC is better, but it will cost you 300 to 600 dollars (for getting your watch dlced).

Sounds like a real nice project bud!! On the bracelet, are you going to have differing shades in the links? You know how you get the bracelet and it's part polished and part brushed, are you going for a similar theme with shades (obviously not polished) like have what would be polished lighter and the brushed darker? Think it's going to be a REAL nice piece when you're finished man, good luck and keep us up to date!

Sixx :bones:

Not sure yet. I need to get a final quote for the project and talk to Tony regarding the options i have got. However, I am not too sure if 900 usd is a feasible budget. lets see and hope i can get this ambitious project into reality. i guess it would take arround 2 months time tough. will keep you guys informed. In regards of the possible mods on the dsn and the candiate pls advise since i am kinda a newbie. thx for your help and info in advance

Sounds like a real nice project bud!! On the bracelet, are you going to have differing shades in the links? You know how you get the bracelet and it's part polished and part brushed, are you going for a similar theme with shades (obviously not polished) like have what would be polished lighter and the brushed darker? Think it's going to be a REAL nice piece when you're finished man, good luck and keep us up to date!

Sixx :bones:

well $900 sounds hard.. considering the dlc itself will cost 400.. but as for mods.. i suggest u get a new crown from t i dunno if he still has this or not.. but if not then get his t-60.. and installed into dsn's case.. in addition u might want to get a new crownguard..

i was wondering tho.. wat would polished ss look like with dlc?

thx for your input Armin. Can you also let me know how to contact T and what what this abbreviation stands for. Moreover, in regards to the crown and crown guard how much do i need to expect to spend and which product number do i need to quote to T when asking for a price?

cheers

thx for your input Armin. Can you also let me know how to contact T and what what this abbreviation stands for. Moreover, in regards to the crown and crown guard how much do i need to expect to spend and which product number do i need to quote to T when asking for a price?

cheers

not sure about correct crownguards.. i mean it ranges from fu cg to little hero cg.. so if u want a really accurate ones ud be spending about $200-300.. crowns are about $100 im guessing.. but ye after these mods ull have a pretty accurate watch tho.. well im not much the panerai expert but this is wat i think anyway.. u may want to ask the board more..

but i dunno if its worth it considering ur base is a dsn (or just get a t crown.. dw about the cg i think if it gets too expensive.. but i was thnking if u want to dlc it then might as well get the best parts :)).. if it was me id go with the dsn 127 and dlc that.. i mean 127 out of the box is fine :)..

thx guys for providing your valuable tips and professional advise. I have just missed out a gem from shundi who recently sold his fully modded 111h for 800 usd ish :(. Honestly, I do not want to spend 1000 usd on a little hero which has only got an Asian movement. even though it is claimed that the asian movment has more expensive components I still prefer to own a swiss one. Am waitiing for a quote from tony for the complet project and will go from there. Anyone know if the steel bracelet provided by DSN for the 111h is the best in the market. I noticed that some sellers on ioffer claim that they offer a full titanium bracelet for the pam. I doubt that there are manufacturers willing or able to manufacture a full tianium bracelet due to the cost involved. Pls inform me if I am wrong.

If you want to starts out with DSN as a base watch, then definitely make sure he uses the standard case, so that the 1:1 CG such as V's CG (THE right CG for 111H) can fit.

I would: Get a LH 111H watch, then get it DLC.

thx guys for providing your valuable tips and professional advise. I have just missed out a gem from shundi who recently sold his fully modded 111h for 800 usd ish :(. Honestly, I do not want to spend 1000 usd on a little hero which has only got an Asian movement. even though it is claimed that the asian movment has more expensive components I still prefer to own a swiss one. Am waitiing for a quote from tony for the complet project and will go from there. Anyone know if the steel bracelet provided by DSN for the 111h is the best in the market. I noticed that some sellers on ioffer claim that they offer a full titanium bracelet for the pam. I doubt that there are manufacturers willing or able to manufacture a full tianium bracelet due to the cost involved. Pls inform me if I am wrong.

I thought there were full titanium bracelets for the PAM192 ?

Guest avitt

With regard to coating bracelets, I still prefer not to...

I urge people to read my earlier thread: http://www.rwg.cc/members/DLC-Coating-Bracelets-t94400.html

For a while, I was not coating bracelets at all. Now, I will coat them on request, as long as the customer acknowledges the possible shortcomings, and is willing to accept the risks.

With regard to the PAM bracelet, the finish becomes something to think about...Most PAM cases that I coat are bead-blasted first, so that the coating has a nice, matte appearance. If the case is left polished, then it will have a shiny, ceramic-like appearance when coated.

The bracelets typically have alternating brushed and polished links.

In my opinion, brushed and polished sections look good together, but I would not mix brushed, polished, and blasted textures. This means that you would really have the choice of leaving the case and bracelet as is, or bead-blasting everything.

With regard to coating bracelets, I still prefer not to...

I urge people to read my earlier thread: http://www.rwg.cc/members/DLC-Coating-Bracelets-t94400.html

For a while, I was not coating bracelets at all. Now, I will coat them on request, as long as the customer acknowledges the possible shortcomings, and is willing to accept the risks.

With regard to the PAM bracelet, the finish becomes something to think about...Most PAM cases that I coat are bead-blasted first, so that the coating has a nice, matte appearance. If the case is left polished, then it will have a shiny, ceramic-like appearance when coated.

The bracelets typically have alternating brushed and polished links.

In my opinion, brushed and polished sections look good together, but I would not mix brushed, polished, and blasted textures. This means that you would really have the choice of leaving the case and bracelet as is, or bead-blasting everything.

cool man.. have u ever had a 1950 project? coz i really wanna see a dlc'd fiddy.. never seen one b4